Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toner Cover won't open

Toner Cover won't open

I have an issue with the Black toner bottle on an AdvC5035. The cover won't open, all other colors open fine, we have even tried using the ratchet on back of machine and it still doesn't open. Tech finally forced cover open (breaking it) so now I have 2 issues. Would the Set On Hopper Bk Assembly need to be replaced as well as whatever we figure out broke on the Bottle Front Inner Door Assy?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Toner Cover won't open

See if you can flip the white flap at the back, and at the bottom of the hopper tube, usually can be flipped back and toner bottle can be added and removed. You have to take off the front cover that has the toner doors on them, and if you are a thin guy like me you can reach in with a small flat head. I have not had to replace any assemblies yet as this has worked everytime.

Toner Cover won't open

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    See if you can flip the white flap at the back, and at the bottom of the hopper tube, usually can be flipped back and toner bottle can be added and removed. You have to take off the front cover that has the toner doors on them, and if you are a thin guy like me you can reach in with a small flat head. I have not had to replace any assemblies yet as this has worked everytime.
    Thanks but my issue is the toner cover doesn't open. I've had this other problem that you are referring to where the toner bottle is stuck unfortunately not my issue this time.

exchange the hopper box unit . the gear-ring who opens the tonerbox holder (to free it) did not go to right position , so the toner box wont open.

u can solve it one time , when u use the oneway-tool on the gear-mechanism on backside (its screwed on it , a little grey stick with a one way ball-bearing)

if u do this , and the mechanism sets free the toner-catrige and a little turn later the front-cover of the box opens then the gear ring is on false position and u have to change the hopper box mechanism.

Toner Cover won't open

Quote Originally Posted by gen67 View Post
    exchange the hopper box unit . the gear-ring who opens the tonerbox holder (to free it) did not go to right position , so the toner box wont open.

u can solve it one time , when u use the oneway-tool on the gear-mechanism on backside (its screwed on it , a little grey stick with a one way ball-bearing)

if u do this , and the mechanism sets free the toner-catrige and a little turn later the front-cover of the box opens then the gear ring is on false position and u have to change the hopper box mechanism.
    We tried opening it with the one-way bearing tool and it did not open the front cover so I'm trying to figure out how that works exactly to see what I need to replace.