Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C7010 Registration/PCB 1-1 Memory

Hi - I have some registration issues on a iPRC7010, and I noticed that the magenta is not imaging on the near-side patches during the AT-IMG-X registration adjustment. Under closer inspection, the values under COPIER>ADJUST>LASER to offset the lens motors are all 0, and do not retain the setting when I try to apply them. I have replaced the PCB 1-3 board, swapped lasers, and did a bunch of work on the ITB assembly (before I noticed the missing magenta), all to no avail, and the fact that it is not holding the lens motor values leads me to believe it's the memory on the PCB 1-1 board.

Does anybody know if those values are held on the DIMM on the board, or on the board itself? I thought the button cell battery may have died, but it's soldered to the board so I cannot replace it. Or maybe if you've seen something similar with the registration marks?

Thank you for your time and help, it's greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: C7010 Registration/PCB 1-1 Memory

Quote Originally Posted by neoboy3000 View Post
    Hi - I have some registration issues on a iPRC7010, and I noticed that the magenta is not imaging on the near-side patches during the AT-IMG-X registration adjustment. Under closer inspection, the values under COPIER>ADJUST>LASER to offset the lens motors are all 0, and do not retain the setting when I try to apply them. I have replaced the PCB 1-3 board, swapped lasers, and did a bunch of work on the ITB assembly (before I noticed the missing magenta), all to no avail, and the fact that it is not holding the lens motor values leads me to believe it's the memory on the PCB 1-1 board.

Does anybody know if those values are held on the DIMM on the board, or on the board itself? I thought the button cell battery may have died, but it's soldered to the board so I cannot replace it. Or maybe if you've seen something similar with the registration marks?

Thank you for your time and help, it's greatly appreciated.

CAUTION:
    When replacing the laser scanner unit, it has to be performed carefully because a measure to be taken will vary depending on the following
    replacement conditions:
    whether installing the removed unit to other machine/different station (color) or not, whether color of the unit to be
    removed is M-color station > or Y/C/Bk-color station.

Did u follow the FULL Procedure for Lasers on the swap ---When Removing the Laser Scanner Unit.

No Error codes
    What do your test prints look like ( PG10--PG5

Control of the laser exposure system is mainly performed at ASIC (IC5001-5004) in DC controller PCB.
    ASIC performs the following 7 controls and produces the electrostatic latent image on the photosensitive drum based on the video signals sent from the Main Controller
    PCB.

[1] Laser ON/OFF control
    [2] Horizontal Scanning Sync Control
    [3] Vertical Scanning Sync Control
    [4] APC Control
    [5] PWM Control
    [6] Laser Scanner Motor Control
    [7] Correcting image displacement
    MN-CON: Main Controller PCB
    DC-CON: DC Controller PCB

[1] Main controller PCB (MAIN-M) = Whole system control, memory control, printer output image processing control, various I / O, expansion bus
    control, color preview control, 1200dpi / 600dpi conversion
    [2] RO-B PCB = External controller I / F, Color space conversion, electronic sorting rotation, binalization, resolution conversion.
    1200dpi / 600dpi conversion, rotation function, margin function
    [3] O-B PCB = * External controller I / F, 1200dpi / 600dpi conversion, rotation function, margin function
    [4] S-B PCB= Reader I / F, reader image processing (resolution conversion, image rotation, compression and extension)
    [5] ZJ-A PCB= * Character / shading determination, color determination
    [6] Voice guidance PCB =* Voice data input / output
    [7] LAN-bar-B PCB= LAN I/ F, HDD controller
    [8] BOOT ROM= Stores the BOOT programs
    [9] SRAM PCB= Retains user mode / service mode settings, retains the image data management information saved on the HDD
    [10] DDR-SDRAM =Stores program-related data, image data
    [11] RB-A PCB= * Color space conversion, electronic sorting rotation, binalization, resolution conversion
    [12] Encryption board =* Encryption / decryption, encryption key management
    [13] Hard disk= Stores the system software, image data, BOX image data
    Capacity: 80 GB x 2
    [14] Main controller PCB =(MAIN-P)
    Printer output image processing (color space compression, background omission, LOG conversion, direct mapping,
    color balance, zoom fine adjustment, gradation conversion, screen processing, trimming, masking), drum-to-drum
    delay memory control (Y color data)
    [15] DRM (256) PCB =drum-to-drum delay memory control (M color data)
    [16] DRM (512) PCB= drum-to-drum delay memory control (Bk color data)
    [17] DRM (512) PCB =drum-to-drum delay memory control (C color data)
    [18] Gu-Short PCB= internal bus connection
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanks for the all info, I really appreciate it.

I did follow the procedure when I swapped the laser unit between M and Y. The issue originally manifested in the middle of running 200 sheets of 12x18 100# gloss cover, singe-sided, color. At that time the document, which is red, cyan, and black, registered erratically for several prints and then I got the first error code of this issue.

The error codes I see are E194-0061 and E194-0071, but have mostly been 0061. I inspected and replaced several parts in the ITB assembly including the drive roller and belt, inspected and swapped the registration assembly. After that I stopped the machine mid AT-IMG-X (which is cannot complete successfully, 99% of the time erroring out) to see that the magenta registration marks were not appearing on the front edge of the belt. (see attached image) However, when I run the test page 10 the colors are all the way across the sheet, albeit registered horribly. Closer inspection seems to be that the magenta is straight, but the other colors are skewed and magnified all wrong, but consistently in each set of bars across the sheet (see attached image)

As I said initially, it doesn't seem to be holding the laser motor offset settings, which, coupled with the way test print looks, seems to indicate something in control, probably memory. I swapped the PCB 1-3 and reloaded the firmware to the machine before I noticed the memory issue. This machine had a fresh firmware load on it when it was installed here at the end of last June and ran fine until the end of January when this happened. I've been working on it on and off, was stuck waiting for some parts for the ITB for a while, but now am up to this point.

Would you advise trying to switch the PCB MAIN-M? A costly try, but that's what I'm looking at. I will read through your post more closely, teckat, and think on this some more. Thank you very much for your help in the matter, I do appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PG10 is a mess-----------------SUB SCAN issue

if u run a few pg10's in a row do the gaps change

on ITB--can see why u are getting those correction patch read errors
    ================================================== ========

stupid question #1 > did u follow the manual Workflow procedures in the case of E194-0061/0071

did u see this --i see u replaced the drive roller ( u mean the shaft below ???? ? )

E194-0061/E194-0071 /color registration is off: Solved by replacing transmission shaft for the torque limiter of
    the ITB [G]
    imagePRESS C6010 / imagePRESS C7010VP / imagePRESS C6010VP / imagePRESS C7010VP FS / imagePRESS C7010VP PSU / imagePRESS C6010VP FS
    / imagePRESS C6010VP PSU / imagePRESS C6010 FS / imagePRESS C6010 PSU
    [ Case in the field ]

The black color registration is off in both directions. When performing the adjustment AT-IMG-X it fails to complete. The LNS-MTR-K has been reset and is within
    range. Swapping the black laser with another color, replacing the leading edge and patch sensors did not resolve the issue.
    - E194-0061: Color displacement correction patch read error Front/ rear patch could not be read during color displacement rough adjustment
    - E194-0071: Color displacement correction patch read error Front/ rear patch could not be read seven times in succession during color displacement rough adjustment

Field Remedy

In this case, the transmission shaft for the torque limiter of the ITB was broken. Replacing the shaft (FL3-5835) resolved the problem.
    Below is a image from the parts book with a red arrow pointing to the transmission shaft.

Shaft.jpg

Yeah, the torque limiter and the transmission shaft were a couple of the parts I spent time waiting for I did try following the workflow procedures, no luck. I have the machine a bit apart right now, but I'll try running the pg10 sheet and see what happens there. I do have a spare MAIN-M board I can try, so will probably give that a go, too.

Quote Originally Posted by neoboy3000 View Post
    Yeah, the torque limiter and the transmission shaft were a couple of the parts I spent time waiting for I did try following the workflow procedures, no luck. I have the machine a bit apart right now, but I'll try running the pg10 sheet and see what happens there. I do have a spare MAIN-M board I can try, so will probably give that a go, too.

before changing M Laser

Tech said > have to measure the skew motor for each color 23.5mm from the bottom to top of white plastic mount cover.

Have to remove the silver screws that hold the motor in and remove the e Clip to adjust skew motor.
    It looks like yellow is way off.

tech friend said to change Magenta Laser--------------and follow procedure on M Laser replacement

need to follow to a T or u regain same sub scan (paper feed) white gap issue shown on PG10

test print-pg10.jpg
    Last edited by teckat; 04-30-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Sorry for the long quiet. I had a broken drum potential harness (on Magenta of course) that I had to replace, and now I am having another issue. I did measure the skew motors for Y and M and both were in spec. I switched those two writers, nothing changed from that so I swapped them back. The issue I'm seeing now is in the attached picture - looks like the magenta is not writing well. I need to look closer again at my potential sensor, that was the last thing that changed before this started. The new issue is apparent with either one of the writers, so I think it's something with my potential or in the P-kit. I'll keep you posted as I continue to look into it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Looking at your first attachment you were missing magenta registration marks on the front side, check that your developer unit isn't missing magenta starter on the dev roller and/or the unit is properly latched against the drum. Fix that and all should come aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthW View Post
    Looking at your first attachment you were missing magenta registration marks on the front side, check that your developer unit isn't missing magenta starter on the dev roller and/or the unit is properly latched against the drum. Fix that and all should come aligned.
    I swapped the entire magenta P-kit with the other 7010 in the shop and the magenta prints all the way across, so it's definitely in that part of the machine (though I still was unable to complete the at-img, but one thing at a time). So I swapped them back and tried swapping individual components - dev ay, drum, charger, p-kit control board - no change. The engagement mechanism seems fine, but I'll look closer again. Is it possible maybe something isn't grounded properly? Again, this issue appeared suddenly in the middle of a run without me doing anything, so I'm pretty sure something failed.

Thanks again for the help on this, folks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If that's the case take a good look at the drive gears, bearing's, on the developer rail assembly, one of them is also a one way gear.