Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What to check if machine will not Browse the network when registering new Scan Button

Question What to check if machine will not Browse the network when registering new Scan Button

What are the things to check for and change to enable browsing from the One touch. It's easier to set the scan folders up from here.

What are some of the things you change to enable this?
    Can it quickly be done?
    What will cause a machine to lose this ability?
    thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: What to check if machine will not Browse the network when registering new Scan Bu

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    What are the things to check for and change to enable browsing from the One touch. It's easier to set the scan folders up from here.

Can it quickly be done?
    thanks!
    I think it is easier also. I find out there is usually something blocking it. Have found Norton antivirus, avg antivirus, firewalls, Norton internet security among some. Also need to enable file sharing. Sometimes I have to turn the call over to our network guy who has never shared much of anything with me. I think he also finds it with a host search or another way. Other than making sure it has the dns servers listed I am not sure. Maybe someone with more network experience will let you know. I know windows 10 adds other things to look for. Most users are not even aware of any firewall programs on their computer I found out. I look and turn off things then go look to see if it will browse to the scan folder or even the computer. Usually if you can browse to the scan folder it works for me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What to check if machine will not Browse the network when registering new Scan Button

Re: What to check if machine will not Browse the network when registering new Scan Bu

Exactly but there should be a checklist somewhere. I ask because it really is a big list. I don't think the master computer stuff applies anymore esp since XP is gone. I would love to see a list for troubleshooting this problem. Thanks for posting.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Service@PRT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post

Can it quickly be done?
    thanks!
    I've encounter this things many times with our client. Most of them are using windows 10 and some like 2 to 3 pc are not getting into scan to folder settings in one touch, even we can browse them on the networked pc. Can see also their respective shared folder but not on machine like 5030i, 5051, 5045. Still wondering because all the pc are installed by us and all the software on it and configure all same. I just want to know the answer as well on these matter.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Every day of life is a learning process...
    Just make sure you are open in all aspects of comments.

You can also use "Search Host" and use the computer name or server name. Once you click on the destination PC, it should prompt you to enter credentials. This works when you Browse but get no results.

Isn't browsing also part of SMB v1 ? So the Copier will default to that ?
    Johan

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Jerrygbs's Avatar

Canon has come out with patches because of windows 10 turning off smb1