Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    4551 Network settings

4551 Network settings

I just purchased an Adv4551i for a customer and when I select Preference>Network> the only thing I can highlight is Output Report. On the older Advances, I usually go under service mode and clear password and this will let me highlight Confirm Network Conn...... so that I can go into the IP address settings. Is there something different about this new model?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    4551 Network settings

Re: 4551 Network settings

Log in as an administrator, otherwise important items regarding the network and security cannot be set. To set up the user management after the setup is complete, you need to log in as an administrator. The default user name for the administrator is "Administrator" and the default password is "7654321". When operating as "Administrator," make sure to change the password in order to improve security. The changed password should be known by the administrator only.

Initializing the administrator password
    If you have forgotten the password for "Administrator," it can be returned to the default password. Press the [Counter/Device Information] key <Device Info./Other> <Initialize Admin. Password> enter the license key press <Start>

If you have forgotten the password for "Administrator," it can be returned to the default password. Press the [Counter/Device Information] key <Device Info./Other> <Initialize Admin. Password> enter the license key press <Start> <OK>.
    If "Administrator" is disabled, it is enabled when initializing the password.(Registering User Information in the Local Device)
    You can prohibit initialization of the administrator password. <Prohibit Initialization of Administrator Password>
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    4551 Network settings

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Log in as an administrator, otherwise important items regarding the network and security cannot be set. To set up the user management after the setup is complete, you need to log in as an administrator. The default user name for the administrator is "Administrator" and the default password is "7654321". When operating as "Administrator," make sure to change the password in order to improve security. The changed password should be known by the administrator only.

If you have forgotten the password for "Administrator," it can be returned to the default password. Press the [Counter/Device Information] key <Device Info./Other> <Initialize Admin. Password> enter the license key press <Start>

If you have forgotten the password for "Administrator," it can be returned to the default password. Press the [Counter/Device Information] key <Device Info./Other> <Initialize Admin. Password> enter the license key press <Start> <OK>.
    If "Administrator" is disabled, it is enabled when initializing the password.(Registering User Information in the Local Device)
    You can prohibit initialization of the administrator password. <Prohibit Initialization of Administrator Password>
    Thank you, got it!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    4551 Network settings

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    Thank you, got it!
    Welcome👌
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**