Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Caono ir adv 8095 or 8295?? Which should i go? Expertise pls advice. Thank you.

Now planing to buy canon copier. 8095 or 8295? Expertise pls advice. Thank you.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Caono ir adv 8095 or 8295?? Which should i go? Expertise pls advice. Thank you.

Not that easy.......
    The 8295 is the second generation model and thus newer then the 8095, but how were they serviced, what kind of environment were they in? Your question is like comparing 2 car models in the same class with no info on their use. Was one only driven modestly while the other was burning in rush hour traffic for hours a day? Then the former one would be a better bet even if it is a year or two older. Metre count is important but also the consumable count, and has there been any main controller failures?

I always recommend having a tech to go with you and inspect both, not unlike having a mechanic check over a used car, they know what to look for and what to avoid.

Keep in mind you could have a bargain and everything seems fine then all the sudden a control board can blow, so really no way to absolutely know for certain.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Caono ir adv 8095 or 8295?? Which should i go? Expertise pls advice. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ktleoh80 View Post
    Now planing to buy canon copier. 8095 or 8295? Expertise pls advice. Thank you.
    wow... lack of info.
    What are you planning on running thru it?
    what type paper?

we need more info to help you out.

Technician

Thank roho and Phil B.
    Price different around 1k dollor.
    Paper use 70gsm.
    Both already done with recondition.

Technician

Both of them already reset to zero meter reading. 80 and 82 series got any different? I mean hardware or software?

Technician

Anyone please help.. thank you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wink Re: Caono ir adv 8095 or 8295?? Which should i go? Expertise pls advice. Thank you.

Taking the newer batch of cause its more better from what i though because it is a correction or improvement from previous batch. Since those are used machines you cant expect every parts in good condition such as drum unit, laser unit, main PCB, controller PCB, regulator power supply and etc which those parts are the most expensive among all. If you ask me which model should go for then i will go for the newer batch. Parts and UI function basically are same.

Try to search specific model of A and B in this forum. If the result of model A show more pages than model B thats mean model B is less problem.

Technician

Thank you so much. Really appreciate ur advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jiongpao View Post
    Taking the newer batch of cause its more better from what i though because it is a correction or improvement from previous batch. Since those are used machines you cant expect every parts in good condition such as drum unit, laser unit, main PCB, controller PCB, regulator power supply and etc which those parts are the most expensive among all. If you ask me which model should go for then i will go for the newer batch. Parts and UI function basically are same.

Try to search specific model of A and B in this forum. If the result of model A show more pages than model B thats mean model B is less problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jiongpao View Post
    ...or the problems are easyer to solve

(Worn-out or defective K-Drums on a IRC2020 are VERY common, but easy to solve)
    Johan