Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Canon image runner adv. C5045 error E000075-0003 itb belt off center 2nd time

I posted this yesterday but it dispersed.
    Tuesday customer called with the down machine, with the belt off center code.
    I manually rotated it the belt back to center, did the service mode alignment reset routine.
    It worked fine.the machine was off level some, which I shimmed it up to level.

2 days later they called with same thing. Belt and bearings looked ok.

Can anytime suggest what could be causing this please? Maybe a worn belt, a centering correction solenoid? ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jim

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon image runner adv. C5045 error E000075-0003 itb belt off center 2nd time

For what it is worth, I've had numerous issues with this series of model and have tried numerous fixes. I try to re-centre the belt manually after checking for something like worn bushings. Then I check the sub code and with a grain of salt to what it indicates I level off the machine the best I can. I recommend detaching the stand up finisher if there is one and level from there and adjust height accordingly on the finisher after. If error persists then change the ITB assembly and cleaner as well.

Re: Canon image runner adv. C5045 error E000075-0003 itb belt off center 2nd time

Have you installed the ITB Improvement kit FM4-8409?

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    Have you installed the ITB Improvement kit FM4-8409?
    I have not.I did hear about that mod kit, but totally forgot.
    If everything looks to be undamaged, would that be a reasonable next course of action?

Thank you very much fur the expertise.
    I haven't been able to do anything on it yet, as I have been out of town, but turning today.

Jim

That was it. the belt improvement kit included the 2nd inner transfer roller that was gouged from a bad bearing. note, the bearings are NOT included in the kit. My amazing Canon parts/ tech told me, but Canon corp, somehow dropped the wrong bearings in the box. so, i will go back to change those as well.

hopefully this will resolve the issue long term.

thank you so much for your help and assistance.
    i really appreciate it.

Have a nice day, Jim

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

your going in the right direction
    being remote sometimes we do odd things to make it work
    I have removed the rubber coating on the drive roller
    I have off leveled the machine front or back depending which way the belt is moving
    the mods do help but there are some machines that still need a little more help
    good luck