Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Question Colour Management - iR-ADV/imagePRESS w/ Fiery

Hey everyone

Looking for suggestions from you guys with regards to colour management on iR-ADV and imagePRESS products that use fiery's.

I am trained on every product but where I find my troubleshooting knowledge is lacking is in the colour management and press calibration areas...

Seems like half of the customers I deal with that have a Fiery attached to a ADV or PRESS product, they complain often about what's on screen vs what's on paper.

This seems to be a trend in smaller marketing firms or smaller printshops who are just dabbling with digital. Most of them do not have a graphic designer who seems to know much about RGB vs CMYK.

How do you guys deal with these accounts?

I'd love to help these people better than I currently am - sounds like 75% of it can be resolved over the phone.

Not sure how I should be approaching the issues when everybody is using different software these days - I have accounts that use Adobe products and Corel Draw.

Should the printer handle the colours? Or should we be letting the software determine it all?

From what I can tell half the time it looks like the printer the production software are fighting against each other.

Any help much appreciated!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Colour Management - iR-ADV/imagePRESS w/ Fiery

Re: Colour Management - iR-ADV/imagePRESS w/ Fiery

No matter what u say or demonstrate to an under pressured , underpaid, under-trained or so called "Graphic Designer" about Canon Color, they treat u like "Just the Repair Guy"

I give them the "Fiery Command Workstation Manual----and point them to the "Managing Color" section.

Dropbox - EFI_Command_WorkStation.pdf

================================================== ======================
    Note:
    A measurement instrument can provide more accurate calibration than ColorCal can. Use a measurementinstrument, such as the ES-1000 spectrophotometer, if one is available.

Helpful info links for customers and techs---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bpos.ca/documents/1-1411514186.pdf

Color Management - EFI

EFI - Color Management Software & Spectrophotometers
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    No matter what u say or demonstrate to an under pressured , underpaid, under-trained or so called "Graphic Designer" about Canon Color, they treat u like "Just the Repair Guy"

I give them the "Fiery Command Workstation Manual----and point them to the "Managing Color" section.

Dropbox - EFI_Command_WorkStation.pdf

================================================== ======================
    Note:
    A measurement instrument can provide more accurate calibration than ColorCal can. Use a measurementinstrument, such as the ES-1000 spectrophotometer, if one is available.

Helpful info links for customers and techs---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bpos.ca/documents/1-1411514186.pdf

Color Management - EFI

EFI - Color Management Software & Spectrophotometers
    Hey thanks a lot man

I did find a way to "cure" his issue at least within Corel - you have to tell the program to use the C750 to render/convert the colours instead of letting Corel or one of their color profiles do it.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    Hey thanks a lot man

I did find a way to "cure" his issue at least within Corel - you have to tell the program to use the C750 to render/convert the colours instead of letting Corel or one of their color profiles do it.

COLOR HAND.jpgkool