Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Advance IRC5045 tray 4 jam at tray 2 flag. All other trays work

Thumbs up Advance IRC5045 tray 4 jam at tray 2 flag. All other trays work

Tray 4 papers(any size) are jamming consistently. When I open right side door the paper is just under the tray flag(just above tray 2). All other trays work fine.

When I cleaned rollers and sensor it worked for several sheets then started jamming again. I am embarassed to say I did not get paper jam code. Forgot how to
    access it.

Perhaps I can call customer if necessary to get jam code as they are 20 miles from me. Most of the time when I see this kind of jam it is because feed rollers just above flag don't turn so paper just back below flag. Any help is appreciate. Changed tray 4 pickup, feed and sep rollers in case timing issue due to worn rollers.

Customer was using 11x17 in tray but I loaded 11" and stilll jamming. Swapped trays with no change.

Wanted to get more info before going back. Any expert advice is appreciated very much. Frank/Action

Thumbs up Re: Advance IRC5045 tray 4 jam at tray 2 flag. All other trays work

I see I have to enter the service mode to see what sensor is being triggered + i believe I have a good pickup assembly that I just have to find. I am surprised that in 181 views that noone has responded. I know I asked for expert advice but that was meant to be complimentary and not chase away perfectly good techs. I also am sorry if I seem a little amateurish for a service guy but most of my years in the business were spent in the office with someone else doing the service calls.

I am sure that this issue will be resolved this week and i will report the results. Frank / Action Photocopy

Re: Advance IRC5045 tray 4 jam at tray 2 flag. All other trays work

Canon Main Unit Jam Codes translated...

First 2 digits Jam Type
    01 Delay
    02 Stationary
    0A Power On
    0B Door Open

Second 2 digits identify the sensor (s).

If you're jamming by the cassette 2 flag when pulling from 4, the first thing I would look at are your vertical path rollers and the cassette 2 sensor. Also you should check the guide plates for any burrs that might be delaying the paper coming up.

Are the pages jamming out of cassette 3 as well? Something to try out.

Also....maybe kind of a silly suggestion, but check and see if the machine is set squarely on the paper feed unit. I had one a few years back with a bent locator pin, that would throw random "Hair Pulling" jams. After I squared the machine up it went away.

Good luck!

Thumbs up Re: Advance IRC5045 tray 4 jam at tray 2 flag. All other trays work

Thanks for all the info guitar9199. Tray 3 runs very well as does trays1 +2. Only jamming from #4