Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IR2020 E805 error

we have a IR2020 in our office we picked up from 1 of customers that they did not use for several years. I'd have to check the copy
    count but it's pretty low. We replaced the pf units which was fun.

With the machine mostly put back together (did not put all the covers back on), I turned it on and it said Initializing and for a split second said Close cover but that
    went away without me touching anything.

I can leave both or just 1 of the covers open and the E805 will be on the display after turning the power off and on but no indication of the covers being open.

Would that be an indication the door switches are bad?

This afternoon, I took off the front cover and the covers in the drum unit area. Turned it on and the copier started
    to make some noises like it was trying to get ready but said the front or left cover was open. So I pushed on the front door switch and the copier got ready. Made a copy and it jammed (I didn't have the registration roller in properly).

Now it's back to the E805 code. I may not have measured the 24V correctly at pin J219 or at the connector for the the front door switch on the power supply but I didn't read 24V at all. I
    saw on 1 thread the DC controller ended up being the problem. As far as I know, there was a problem like this before with the copier so I kept trying to think what we may have done.

I checked for bent pins and they all look ok. Original problem was jamming from both of the paper trays.

Re: IR2020 E805 error

hi.....e805 is the faiure of left door fan.check the fan and connectors.have agood luck