Technician

System software Fail With SST

Dear colleagues: My question is as follows: I installed a new disk to my 6570 machine and through the SST I format the HD and installed the whole system. Once the whole procedure was done, screens showed me percentages of installation of everything. Once the process has finished on the copier screen, it asks me to switch off and on again. I've done it but the machine is left alone with the bar starting with the canon logo. I reconnected via SST and I see the system loaded only in the section of SYSTEM I see a message that says HOLD. Does anyone have an idea what is the problem? Thank you very much for the valuable help you can provide. Regards

6570.jpg
    just who has the right to live a good reason for being willing to die

Technician

Re: System software Fail With SST

I can not believe that 178 people have already seen my post and nobody can give me even a hint of what the problem may be.

Quote Originally Posted by lmolina View Post
    Dear colleagues: My question is as follows: I installed a new disk to my 6570 machine and through the SST I format the HD and installed the whole system. Once the whole procedure was done, screens showed me percentages of installation of everything. Once the process has finished on the copier screen, it asks me to switch off and on again. I've done it but the machine is left alone with the bar starting with the canon logo. I reconnected via SST and I see the system loaded only in the section of SYSTEM I see a message that says HOLD. Does anyone have an idea what is the problem? Thank you very much for the valuable help you can provide. Regards

6570.jpg

- Not everyone on the forum knows all machines
    - Since info in the subject doesn't contain info on the model, one needs to read the post before they know what model it is about
    - Reading the post doen't mean someone can acualy help you (for instance : I know shit about the 6570)
    Johan

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

6570.jpg
    If you have the correct canon hard drive (the hard drives are different) and the correct canon software I would just do the entire procedure over again. Sounds like a bad drive.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

First off ,what are u doing with that back-up data central menu.?

Don't know how u followed procedure.
    ?

Start over,
    select Connect
    Highlight firmware model in right side menu
    Select Singlefor HD Format
    Select Start
    After Format
    Select
    Start Assist in Center Menu

Follow procedure to download firmware.

There should be no need to power down and back up
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

6570.jpg
    Does this model give you the option to create a USB boot pen? if it does (maybe too old) try this option I find it more reliable.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Does this model give you the option to create a USB boot pen? if it does (maybe too old) try this option I find it more reliable.
    Believe u can use USB to download firmware on this model---------------not sure if u can use the format selection on menu on older models

That menu which shows SYSTEM >>>Backup & Hold- is when using START ASSIST selection

Placing the machine into 2 & 8 safe mode and press the Assist mode button.The Service Support Tool detects what version of system software is on the imageRUNNER device and then
    provides a list of system software available for downloading on the left side of the screen.

Once the software version is selected, it downloads entire version (unless certain Language/RUI files are turned
    off under System Management Mode>Assist Mode LANG/RUI) to the HDD.
    Last edited by teckat; 07-11-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Maybe the friend in one of his comments is right because I did not put the model and maybe that's why they had not told me. However, as soon as I see a header that says SST, I know that it refers to the canon sortware.
    As for the formatting procedure, I did everything as my colleague in one of his posts mentioned. The solution and it will seem silly but was to go to another machine equal to put the disk, format and install the entire system. In this second machine was installed as the first, also stayed about 10 minutes with the starting line (canon logo and start bar) and started. I removed the disk I put in the original machine and boila !!! everything worked fine. Rare but real.

Thank you all for your very kind time.