Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon Linux driver not working

We have a Canon LPB7680Cx laser printer and a Canon C5030i all-in-one copier/printer/scanner. According to the Canon website at both use the
    Code:
    UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver for Linux V3.50
    driver on our 64 bit Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon computer. Up to a point this is true. Once that driver is installed the Laser printer works fine but the colour output on the copier is atrocious and not usable. Furthermore I cannot get the stapler to staple or the scanner to scan. Output is fine using it as a photocopier, and it will staple where I want it is just running it from a computer where there is a problem.

If, from the computer, I select the printer options and print a test page that prints properly. However, if I select to print a ‘self test’ page the output says, and I quote, “If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.”

Can anyone suggest what to do to get our printer working properly please?
    Last edited by AnotherBigAl; 07-12-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon Linux driver not working

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBigAl View Post
    We have a Canon LPB7680Cx laser printer and a Canon C5030i all-in-one copier/printer/scanner. According to the Canon website at both use the
    Code:
    UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver for Linux V3.50
    driver on our 64 bit Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon computer. Up to a point this is true. Once that driver is installed the Laser printer works fine but the colour output on the copier is atrocious and not usable. Furthermore I cannot get the stapler to staple or the scanner to scan. Output is fine using it as a photocopier, and it will staple where I want it is just running it from a computer where there is a problem.
    If, from the computer, I select the printer options and print a test page that prints properly. However, if I select to print a ‘self test’ page the output says, and I quote, “If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.”
    Can anyone suggest what to do to get our printer working properly please?
    " and I quote, “If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.” "

ummmmmmmm simple English.

this is a CONNECTIVITY issue please post in the proper forum.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    " and I quote, “If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.” "

ummmmmmmm simple English.
    Thanks for the reply Phil B. but I am not too sure what you are saying. The c5030i is listed as ‘compatable’ in the (long) list of compatable models on the Canon site I downloaded the driver from yet the self test page still gives that error message.

The compatability list is right at the bottom of this page.
    Code:
    https://www.canon.co.uk/support/products/imagerunner/imagerunner-advance-c5030i.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1506758&os=Linux%20(64-bit)&language=EN

Technician

this is a CONNECTIVITY issue please post in the proper forum.
    I had wondered about that before making the initial post. I am sorry if I got it wrong.

Admin, can you move this entire post to the correct, Connectivity, forum please.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherBigAl View Post
    I had wondered about that before making the initial post. I am sorry if I got it wrong.

Admin, can you move this entire post to the correct, Connectivity, forum please.
    no you must repost in the proper forum...

i see the mention of Cinnamon 18.x are you sure that is what the linux version is? have you looked on the linux site for a better version

Technician

no you must repost in the proper forum...
    I have reposted my original question in the Connectivity forum as you asked.

i see the mention of Cinnamon 18.x are you sure that is what the linux version is? have you looked on the linux site for a better version
    Mint 18.3 Cinnamon is the current stable issue and has long term support. Additionally, all our machines are fully updated.