Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1730 quality

Technician 500+ Posts

1730 quality

I have a 1730 that when you use the adf to make a copy, the output is significantly lighter than when you use the glass to make copies. We did the adjustment as if we replaced the CIS but we did not actually replace the CIS. FYI, the main board has been replaced for other reasons (machine would not come up). Any ideas?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    1730 quality

Re: 1730 quality

Developers that look good could need replaced. Esp. when they have junk toner in them or a generic. Solved the same kind of problem in a 1025 with a new developer. Customer buys toner from other places.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    1730 quality

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    I have a 1730 that when you use the adf to make a copy, the output is significantly lighter than when you use the glass to make copies. We did the adjustment as if we replaced the CIS but we did not actually replace the CIS. FYI, the main board has been replaced for other reasons (machine would not come up). Any ideas?

does that model have a doc Reader( copies don't feed to glass) inside the ADF ??
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    1730 quality

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

does that model have a doc Reader( copies don't feed to glass) inside the ADF ??
    Yes, it has a reader unit. ADF copies and Copies from the glass both use the CIS under the glass to reproduce the image. ADF copies feed across the slit glass while the CIS unit sits stationary.
    And the CIS unit moves the length of the copy for copies made on the glass.

If the main board was replaced , they should have taken the time to print out the service data list for a copy of all the settings to re-enter after. However, if the copier would not come up......they probably did not have that option. Making adjustments in service mode will probably fix the variation in copy quality. I'm pretty certain there are separate adjustments for the CIS when using ADF feed and when using the glass.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    1730 quality

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Yes, it has a reader unit. ADF copies and Copies from the glass both use the CIS under the glass to reproduce the image. ADF copies feed across the slit glass while the CIS unit sits stationary.
    And the CIS unit moves the length of the copy for copies made on the glass.

If the main board was replaced , they should have taken the time to print out the service data list for a copy of all the settings to re-enter after. However, if the copier would not come up......they probably did not have that option. Making adjustments in service mode will probably fix the variation in copy quality. I'm pretty certain there are separate adjustments for the CIS when using ADF feed and when using the glass.

Thanks for info,

Trying to remember if there was a Tec pub on some iRC models with Slit Glass causing CQ issues ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    1730 quality

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Thanks for info,

Trying to remember if there was a Tec pub on some iRC models with Slit Glass causing CQ issues ?
    I can't remember.....that small black and white machine is older now. Just remember working on a bunch of them as recently as about 5 years ago. It was an ok machine for a monochrome unit and had color scanning. I don't remember them having too many CQ issues. Haven't seen one for a while now.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    1730 quality

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    I can't remember.....that small black and white machine is older now. Just remember working on a bunch of them as recently as about 5 years ago. It was an ok machine for a monochrome unit and had color scanning. I don't remember them having too many CQ issues. Haven't seen one for a while now.
    The only CQ issue that I remember is the static eliminator sometimes causes issues, but it's been so long since I have see one I can't remember how it manifests itself

Technician 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone. Been out of pocket. The main bd was replaced because it fried and there was no way to get info from it. I will look into other adjustments and see what I come up with. Will post if I find the fix.