Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon C5540i Quality Issue

Good day all, I am having some trouble with a Canon iR-ADV C5540i. This machine was ordered by our customer, not us, and since they received it they have nothing but problems. Their current situation is print quality. An internal print, containing only text, will print fine and crisp, but anything printed from a Computer will come out washed out, as if "ecoPrint" is on and partially incomplete, ie. parts of the print missing. Does anyone know of known issues with this model or this series that can give insightful advice. Or where I can get an Advanced User Guide to look into it myself. I tried messing with the drivers but was unsuccessful with changing the outcome. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon C5540i Quality Issue

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    Good day all, I am having some trouble with a Canon iR-ADV C5540i. This machine was ordered by our customer, not us, and since they received it they have nothing but problems. Their current situation is print quality. An internal print, containing only text, will print fine and crisp, but anything printed from a Computer will come out washed out, as if "ecoPrint" is on and partially incomplete, ie. parts of the print missing. Does anyone know of known issues with this model or this series that can give insightful advice. Or where I can get an Advanced User Guide to look into it myself. I tried messing with the drivers but was unsuccessful with changing the outcome. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
    please post examples of the issue.
    are you sure: 1) they are using the correct driver ( not a uni or WSD ) 2) did they setup the machine or one of your techs? do copies come out good?

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/030002...Guide_ukEN.pdf

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Re: Canon C5540i Quality Issue

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    With a copy quality issue like you describe, need more specific info to help you. Since you stated "nothing but problems from day 1" I am curious if you mean copy quality issues only or other issues like jamming or error codes as well. That being said, the first step a customer can take with quality issues is to perform the Gradiation adjustments.

If color gradation reproducibility has become so poor that the gradation in the printed or copied image differs markedly from the print data or original document, gradation adjustment may improve the problem.
    There are 2 types of adjustments available to the customer. Full Adjust and quick adjust.
    You can find those options under Adjustment/Maintenance -----Adjust image quality--------Auto adjust gradiation.
    A simple thing to try and it would be interesting to see if the issue improves after the adjustment or stays the same. Let us know.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com