Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

ir5030 asks color mode even when defaulted to black and white after removing fire E

defaulted to black and white , this machine still asks what mode you want to use.
    removed print server from rear of machine, everything else displays as it should.
    possibly a service mode issue?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: ir5030 asks color mode even when defaulted to black and white after removing fire

Doubt service mode. Did you default the print driver? How did you disable color printing?

Re: ir5030 asks color mode even when defaulted to black and white after removing fire

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Doubt service mode. Did you default the print driver? How did you disable color printing?
    i defaulted in copier, both issues are not print driver related, that i know of. no computer is being used .. this is threw machine itself , copy mode , select color is displayed instead of black and white, single sided ...like i had defaulted it ..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Then the Fiery has nothing to do with copy mode. To select BW as default you need to set that in copy mode and then go to Settings/Reg and store the current copy settings as default. Use store, not initialize as the latter goes back to factory default.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit7 View Post
    i defaulted in copier, both issues are not print driver related, that i know of. no computer is being used .. this is threw machine itself , copy mode , select color is displayed instead of black and white, single sided ...like i had defaulted it ..
    in service mode there are display option switches.. one or 0 for on and off.. that was the fix for this issue..

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    ir5030 asks color mode even when defaulted to black and white after removing fire E

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit7 View Post
    in service mode there are display option switches.. one or 0 for on and off.. that was the fix for this issue..
    Wow! 18 months later thanks for the solution
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk