Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Canon IR2535i had E000001, cleared, accidentally also did BKRAMCLR

We recently installed a fuser on customers machine and to clear the E000001 code we did an ENGINE, ERRCLR but also accidentally did the BKRAMCLR too. We thought everything was working OK but the customer called to say the machine keeps resetting everything including, by the sound of it, the language, printer settings and scan settings when their IT people try to remotely enter a new IP address which was also lost. Is this some setting in the machine that needs to be changed or do we have to enter a new IP address on the machine itself? HELP please.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR2535i had E000001, cleared, accidentally also did BKRAMCLR

Quote Originally Posted by River City View Post
    We recently installed a fuser on customers machine and to clear the E000001 code we did an ENGINE, ERRCLR but also accidentally did the BKRAMCLR too. We thought everything was working OK but the customer called to say the machine keeps resetting everything including, by the sound of it, the language, printer settings and scan settings when their IT people try to remotely enter a new IP address which was also lost. Is this some setting in the machine that needs to be changed or do we have to enter a new IP address on the machine itself? HELP please.
    do you still have the settings sheet from before the clear? you might have to go back and re-input all the settings.

this is one reason I have reservations about giving anybody but a TECH the info to get into service mode ( tech side ) .... I have seen too many machines where the end user looked up online the problem and how to fix it. MOST times they screw the pooch sooo bad it either trashes the machine or causes me HOURS of needless data input.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Sounds like you basically initialized it. These models can be a pain in service mode. You will likely need to go through the on screen set up process again. Select Language, country, scan settings etc. I have never accessed this model through the web, but I have set them up manually during a install. Basically it is back to default factory settings like when it first came out of the box. Once you set that up you should be able to put in network settings so they can access again through RUI.

Technician

Thanks for the info. It looks like we did an initialization by accident. Also looks like you have to do the protocol settings through the machine control panel before you can use the RUI. Waiting to hear back from the customer at this point but I think all is good, will re-post if they still have issues. Many thanks again!