Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

iR ADV C2020 Drum Installation Procedure

I have an iR ADV C2020 for which I am trying to replace the black drum. The procedure tells me to execute the following: Setting/Registration>Adjustment/Maintenance>Maintenance>ITB/Drum Cartridge Replacement Mode. The problem is my machine does not have the ITB/Drum Cartridge Replacement mode. The machine starts to initialize the drum unit after I install it but fails after it starts the gradation adjustment. Has there been a system update that added the ITB/Drum Cartridge Replacement Mode? I don't remember having to do this in the past and I'm not seeing it explained anywhere here in the forum.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: iR ADV C2020 Drum Installation Procedure

YouTube it, there are a few on how to. Rebuilding instructions also. Have found a way to reset drum counters on those machines also and lock it in.
    Good luck.

What do you mean 'it fails after it starts the gradation adjustment' ? t give's an error, or Gradation adjustment fails to finish ?

For the last one, try : COPIER > FUNCTION >CLEAR > REG-CLR (it's in Level 2), then retry Full Gradation
    Johan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

you need to turn the itb/drum replacement on when using maintenance, if i remember off hand , service mode, display switch or function switch, something along the lines of itb, use the green info button and you will find it, no need to reboot, go back into maintenance under smart head /user mode and then it will do its thing

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markdale25 View Post
    I have an iR ADV C2020 for which I am trying to replace the black drum. The procedure tells me to execute the following: Setting/Registration>Adjustment/Maintenance>Maintenance>ITB/Drum Cartridge Replacement Mode. The problem is my machine does not have the ITB/Drum Cartridge Replacement mode. The machine starts to initialize the drum unit after I install it but fails after it starts the gradation adjustment. Has there been a system update that added the ITB/Drum Cartridge Replacement Mode? I don't remember having to do this in the past and I'm not seeing it explained anywhere here in the forum.
    switch it On :service mode copier / option / display-sw / itb-dsp set to a 1.
    If it can't solve. Replace back the chip on old drum to new drum