Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon c7055 - "tyre marks on SRA3 edge"

Hi.

When printing SRa3 paper there is what looks like a dark tyre mark appearing on the page at the leading edge - its almost as if its skidding on the paper. Its very faint and barely shows up and doesn't show on camera. its about 1in in from the right hand side as looking at it from the top and is on the upper side (blank side of single sided) are there any rollers that work out the outside edges of the page as all the rollers I can see seem to operate towards the centre of the page.

I appreciate its a vague description and that a picture would help but all I would be showing you is a blank sheet!

Thanks
    Chris

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon c7055 - "tyre marks on SRA3 edge"

Re: Canon c7055 - "tyre marks on SRA3 edge"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisio View Post
    Hi.

When printing SRa3 paper there is what looks like a dark tyre mark appearing on the page at the leading edge - its almost as if its skidding on the paper. Its very faint and barely shows up and doesn't show on camera. its about 1in in from the right hand side as looking at it from the top and is on the upper side (blank side of single sided) are there any rollers that work out the outside edges of the page as all the rollers I can see seem to operate towards the centre of the page.

I appreciate its a vague description and that a picture would help but all I would be showing you is a blank sheet!

Thanks
    Chris
    visually check the PCU of the color you see... look for failed wiper blade or marks on the drum

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon c7055 - "tyre marks on SRA3 edge"

Since the mark doesn't go completely down the page or repeat I would check the paper path from the fuser out. Old toner and paper dirt and even gear filings can pile up. Clean that thoroughly after removing the fuser. Those marks tend to be brownish. If there is no solution there you may need to try to stop the copy process with a image on the ITB and work your way from there. Try running full or half density yellow, for this test. Curious, does this also happen on pg 10 prints?