Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IRC1030 cycles when connected to network

This copier keeps recycling/rebooting when the network cable is connected to it. When I connect it to my laptop

it works just fine. I told the customer that it might be a problem with their modem for their internet. They are going

to have their internet service check it out. I have never seen anything like it. I moved the copier cable to a different

slot on the modem and shut the modem off and on. Same problem. Anyone ever heard of a machine doing this?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IRC1030 cycles when connected to network

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    This copier keeps recycling/rebooting when the network cable is connected to it. When I connect it to my laptop

it works just fine. I told the customer that it might be a problem with their modem for their internet. They are going

to have their internet service check it out. I have never seen anything like it. I moved the copier cable to a different

slot on the modem and shut the modem off and on. Same problem. Anyone ever heard of a machine doing this?

Try turning off Multicast Discovery

System Management Set. > Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Print Settings>Use Multicast Discovery_ OFF/ON*---default setting is ON*

Additional Functions > System Manager Settings > TCP/IP Settings > WSD Print Settings > Use Multicast Discovery "OFF"

Power off the imageRUNNER for the changes to update on the machine. Power unit on.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If that fails----try
    System Settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Printing Settings> Use WSD Browsing default is on, set it to off .

A 3rd party PCL print driver can also cause the problem.
    One solution was to install the Canon UFRII print driver.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Try turning off Multicast Discovery

System Management Set. > Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Print Settings>Use Multicast Discovery_ OFF/ON*---default setting is ON*

Additional Functions > System Manager Settings > TCP/IP Settings > WSD Print Settings > Use Multicast Discovery "OFF"

Power off the imageRUNNER for the changes to update on the machine. Power unit on.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If that fails----try
    System Settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Printing Settings> Use WSD Browsing default is on, set it to off .

A 3rd party PCL print driver can also cause the problem.
    One solution was to install the Canon UFRII print driver.
    Checked all those settings and they were off. Loaded UFRII drivers on their computers. Tried a different cable.

No Joy......I got back there before the internet person showed up. Is it possibly a modem problem?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Could be the customers network is using POE or power over ethernet, put a non POE hub between the network and the machine and see if it goes away.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

i've seen exactly this issue many a time before with multiple different makes and models - you won't believe the solution, but it works

remove the machine from the network entirely, change the IP address in the machine (use CMD to ping your new IP address to ensure it's not already in use), then install printer using that new IP address

depending on your clients' setup, you may have to remove & reinstall on every computer they have - make sure you download the latest driver from the manufacturer,,, never use the generic Windows drivers, they suck

also do NOT use WSD type "port" - make sure to use TCP/IP port (in other words the actual IP addy of the machine) - WSD causes so many problems it's not funny

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    i've seen exactly this issue many a time before with multiple different makes and models - you won't believe the solution, but it works

remove the machine from the network entirely, change the IP address in the machine (use CMD to ping your new IP address to ensure it's not already in use), then install printer using that new IP address

depending on your clients' setup, you may have to remove & reinstall on every computer they have - make sure you download the latest driver from the manufacturer,,, never use the generic Windows drivers, they suck

also do NOT use WSD type "port" - make sure to use TCP/IP port (in other words the actual IP addy of the machine) - WSD causes so many problems it's not funny

Okay. Thanks!!
    That seems to have solved the problem. No cycling and it printed just fine. Just out of curiosity, why did that IP address
    that they have had for a long time now suddenly start causing issues?

I did ping the old IP with the copier disconnected from the network to make sure there wasn't a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    It is if you get payed by the hour

But seriously, it does seem to mess up a lot. Install printer - test - it prints. Come back next day - it doesn't. Cannot find printer... Installed by IP, no more issues...
    Johan

Ive seen this fault before on KM's, rogue print job causing the device to reboot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Okay. Thanks!!
    That seems to have solved the problem. No cycling and it printed just fine. Just out of curiosity, why did that IP address
    that they have had for a long time now suddenly start causing issues?

I did ping the old IP with the copier disconnected from the network to make sure there wasn't a conflict.
    to this day i have not been able to ascertain exactly why, and i've been repairing computers since '83 - no IT 'expert' has been able to tell me why either

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    It is if you get payed by the hour

But seriously, it does seem to mess up a lot. Install printer - test - it prints. Come back next day - it doesn't. Cannot find printer... Installed by IP, no more issues...
    lol, i do get paid by the hour - field service engineer contractor and i work on many different types of machines other than copiers & printers