Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRC2380i - Only Green LED but no touch screen

Re: IRC2380i - Only Green LED but no touch screen

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    wife's looking at me wondering why i'm laughing so much - thanks for the levity
    Glad to hear it made your day.

Just tooo many times in my life in this industry, I have had techs under me ( yes most times have moved to MGT pos quick ) that don't read, can't comprehend or just don't wanna finger it out for themselves. Hence my rant

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Glad to hear it made your day.

Just tooo many times in my life in this industry, I have had techs under me ( yes most times have moved to MGT pos quick ) that don't read, can't comprehend or just don't wanna finger it out for themselves. Hence my rant
    I am sorry to hear about your experience with Techs that are useless. But some of us really wants to read and figure out and fix it ourselves. For that we need the help of experts like yourself with the tools and experience to guide us or at least put us on the right direction.
    If you would like to help i would greatly appreciate that and even pay if the solution is found. If not please don't hijack the thread.
    I bought this machine and bought alot of parts for it and it has cost me more than it should and yet canon is not interested in sending a service guy. so i really want to figure it out and fix it. Please.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by songela View Post
    There is no direct relation between what you did and the BOOT FAILURE fault, it's more of a coincidence.

This will usually result from poor contacts of one of the PCI Cards on the Main Controller PCB (can't correctly remember the particular one).
    1. Take out relevant covers.
    2. Unplug all the Cards from the Main Controller PCB.
    3. Clean all slots thoroughly.
    4. With a dry cloth, rub the contacts of all the Cards.
    5. Plug back the Cards making sure they are seated properly.
    6. Power up and hopefully you are back to life.

Thanks for the reply.
    All the pci cards are removed, cleaned and reinserted. Still the same symptoms. Please take a look at the video i posted hopefully it might give an indication of what it could be.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=dj_beirut;696849
    If you would like to help i would greatly appreciate that and even pay if the solution is found. If not please don't hijack the thread.
    .[/QUOTE]

done

another to the block list

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Do as the Songela said.

did that. did not help

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_beirut View Post
    did that. did not help
    i'd put my money on a dead HDD, you're going to need a new drive + all the firmware to go on it - if you have the service manual it should have all the info you need to do the job, but you are going to have fun finding the firmware

you could try plugging the HDD into a computer as a slave drive and run the manufacturers diagnostics on the drive, you may also be lucky enough to ghost the drive onto a new HDD

sorry, not much more to tell you

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    i'd put my money on a dead HDD, you're going to need a new drive + all the firmware to go on it - if you have the service manual it should have all the info you need to do the job, but you are going to have fun finding the firmware

you could try plugging the HDD into a computer as a slave drive and run the manufacturers diagnostics on the drive, you may also be lucky enough to ghost the drive onto a new HDD

sorry, not much more to tell you
    Thanks for the advice. The disk spins up and works fine. i was able to ghost it. but i what i am thinking is if the disk is disconnected it should boot up with an error message that says the hdd is disconnected right? that is not happening.
    for some reason i suspect the MC so i ordered a new one. that seems to have been the problem for several of the cases with the same symptoms even though on different models.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Thanks for the advice. The disk spins up and works fine. i was able to ghost it. but i what i am thinking is if the disk is disconnected it should boot up with an error message that says the hdd is disconnected right? that is not happening.
    for some reason i suspect the MC so i ordered a new one. that seems to have been the problem for several of the cases with the same symptoms even though on different models.
    Quite likely, if the HDD is bad you typically get a error code, either on the home screen if it boots that far or the DOS screen if it doesn't. Sounds like the controller is toast and not even trying to read the HDD. On the larger color machines I have had a power supply problem, but not with this one yet. I would try the controller first.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Did you try with different startups like Safe Mode : (By pressing 2+8, turning on the main power.)

or boot repair :

Turn off the power; then, while holding down the 1 and 9 keys, turn on the power so that the WriteAbort
    sector repair routine will start automatically, causing the screen to go solid black.
    1-3 Allow for some time (40 to 50 min). A progress indicator will appear. When the screen turns solid white,
    the repair is over.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    done
    another to the block list
    OMG Phil, what happened in your life to make you this sour ? I thought his msg. sounded pretty honest. Not everyone on this forum is an expert right from the start.
    Johan