Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR-ADV C5030 backgrounding on all colours

hello everyone

attended this machine for lines down pages, when i arrived i printed out a counter report and there were the lines (ITB blade) but also backgrounding - asked the client who said "that wasn't there yesterday"

removed the ITB assy, removed the cleaner unit & cleaned the ITB blade - checked all contacts, re-seated drums - made no difference to the backgrounding

performed Gradation adjust and then noticed the backgrounding is happening on all colours - also performed service mode cleaning, correct density, correct shading & correct colour mismatch

no change to the backgrounding iR-ADV C5030 background.pdf- anyone got any ideas?

thank you in advance

Andy

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: iR-ADV C5030 backgrounding on all colours

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    hello everyone
    attended this machine for lines down pages, when i arrived i printed out a counter report and there were the lines (ITB blade) but also backgrounding - asked the client who said "that wasn't there yesterday"
    removed the ITB assy, removed the cleaner unit & cleaned the ITB blade - checked all contacts, re-seated drums - made no difference to the backgrounding
    performed Gradation adjust and then noticed the backgrounding is happening on all colours - also performed service mode cleaning, correct density, correct shading & correct colour mismatch
    no change to the backgrounding iR-ADV C5030 background.pdf- anyone got any ideas?
    thank you in advance
    Andy
    I take it was a SEF page due to the void line thru the black bar?

1) how did you clean the IT CB? did you powder it after?

2) what do the drums looks like? ( PCR? )

3) did you thoroughly CLEAN the machine before running adjustments? ( laser lens - ITB sensor/contacts - density sensor?

4) page counts on consumables? last PM?

More info needed... " Help US help YOU "

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I take it was a SEF page due to the void line thru the black bar?

1) how did you clean the IT CB? did you powder it after?

2) what do the drums looks like? ( PCR? )

3) did you thoroughly CLEAN the machine before running adjustments? ( laser lens - ITB sensor/contacts - density sensor?

4) page counts on consumables? last PM?

More info needed... " Help US help YOU "
    the void you see is from my scanner, it's not on the print - it is a gradation print

1) usual cleaning blade cleaning procedure i've been using for 30 years - yes i powdered it & the belt
    2) drums look OK
    3) yes did the usual servicing & cleaning including the optics for a proper scan read, machine was surprisingly clean
    4) machine has only done 57k in total - 30k mono and 27k colour

according to the client it wasn't doing it yesterday & it has been very cold at night

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

the void you see is from my scanner, it's not on the print - it is a gradation print
    1) usual cleaning blade cleaning procedure i've been using for 30 years - yes i powdered it & the belt
    2) drums look OK
    3) yes did the usual servicing & cleaning including the optics for a proper scan read, machine was surprisingly clean
    4) machine has only done 57k in total - 30k mono and 27k colour
    according to the client it wasn't doing it yesterday & it has been very cold at night
    OK Brother looks like you covered it pretty well.. dinny see mention of what was done.. just throwing that out there! Sounds like you and I have been praying to the "Copier God" for the same # of years..

sorry for you. good luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

.................................................. .................

This gives a good clue asto what to work on.
    It's likely condensation has happened somewhere components like optics as well as laser optics, optical sensors, environmental sensor, drum pd etc. Those are the areas to check or swap if there is an option.

... but has it been as cold indoors ? Hell could freeze over but as long as the central heating kicks in it shouldn't matter much, should it ?

Have you tried a fresh stack of paper ?
    Johan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If it's too cold there should be an error code pointing to the Drum Led. I would be cleaning any Voltage contact for the ITB/ Wires. This looks transfer voltage related.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We get these machines out of a freezing cold warehouse regularly and condensation can build up in the optics and drum areas. Usually in this situation we get an over exposed image, with little or no half tones, almost as if the lamps too bright. I wouldn't put too much on the temperature over night, however warm the machine through and test again before completely discounting. Looks like a drum cleaning or dev issue to me, the old iRC3200 drums used to give a similar issue but they were drum and dev combined.

Good luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hi

thats got to do with your drum and dev unit.i would say drum ass.if you look how far apart it bands.

i stay in a warm area so cant say much for the cold.but ive had issue like that and was drum related.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    ... but has it been as cold indoors ? Hell could freeze over but as long as the central heating kicks in it shouldn't matter much, should it ?

Have you tried a fresh stack of paper ?
    YES, it does matter, I had a device shipped from out of town and sat all night on a truck. All colors bleed thru, no blanking what so ever. No errors. I slid the process assembly out and yes the drums did feel cool. Took some time but eventually the device did warm up and clear condensation. Something to keep in mind as the season approaches!