Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Image Formula DR-G1139

Was told that the scanner was noisy, had customer run 1/2 ream of blank paper through twice. Each run I heard for maybe a second the noise that apparently is continuous at times. Doesn't seem to matter if it's the first run of the day or after running for a considerable time. The area I heard the brief noise was at the small drive motor located back side right standing in front of machine. Is the motor the most likely cause??? First time ever on this piece of equipment. Thanks!!!i

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Image Formula DR-G1139

Re: Image Formula DR-G1139

i'd start by lubricating everything, well, except magnetic clutches of course - bit of sewing machine oil (or even better, fuser silicone oil which takes vastly longer to dry out) on all bushes etc

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Image Formula DR-G1139

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    i'd start by lubricating everything, well, except magnetic clutches of course - bit of sewing machine oil (or even better, fuser silicone oil which takes vastly longer to dry out) on all bushes etc

^^^^ what aAandy said...

but I would suggest using " TriFlow " black bottle..red n white print on it. It has Teflon particles in it doesn't dry out quick and the Teflon stop the squeaks quick. I've been using it for decades!

one tip. DO NOT USE WS40 on BRASS BUSHINGS.. it dries them out, and then the squeaks get worse.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ^^^^ what aAandy said...

but I would suggest using " TriFlow " black bottle..red n white print on it. It has Teflon particles in it doesn't dry out quick and the Teflon stop the squeaks quick. I've been using it for decades!

one tip. DO NOT USE WS40 on BRASS BUSHINGS.. it dries them out, and then the squeaks get worse.
    In the area where I believe the noise is coming from as well as throughout the scanner there are no bushings all bearings. My experience tells me that whether bushings or bearings were the problem the noise would be present more. Wouldn't the motor be a possibility???
    Thanks!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Image Formula DR-G1139

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    In the area where I believe the noise is coming from as well as throughout the scanner there are no bushings all bearings. My experience tells me that whether bushings or bearings were the problem the noise would be present more. Wouldn't the motor be a possibility???
    Thanks!!!
    of course anything is possible... and i'm sure that there are bushings in the assembly... due to the fact that BEARING cost way more than a bushing...