Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Advance C250if drum counter

Here are the counters. Is it telling me the amount used or the amount left?IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Here are the counters. Is it telling me the amount used or the amount left?IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0982.JPG
    Don't go by those, I believe if you hit the info key you get a reserved for r&d explanation. Instead go to Copier>Counter>Life as techcat said. The life key is further to the right from Drbl 1. The number under Life increases as the drum is used. It is not a percentage as such so some drums will work over 100, depending on coverage. Check there.

Drbl 1 will give 999% usually for things like waste toner or some other supplies that may have not been replaced like filters.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Don't go by those, I believe if you hit the info key you get a reserved for r&d explanation. Instead go to Copier>Counter>Life as techcat said. The life key is further to the right from Drbl 1. The number under Life increases as the drum is used. It is not a percentage as such so some drums will work over 100, depending on coverage. Check there.

Drbl 1 will give 999% usually for things like waste toner or some other supplies that may have not been replaced like filters.
    I believe the second picture is the life counter.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I believe the second picture is the life counter.
    Correct, so all 4 drums would appear to be viable, usually get around 120 or so, granted light coverage and only a small number in the field. Typically these one fade when they wear down, as opposed to leaving streaks all over, typically.

Technician

In your drbl page the life expectancy is set to 0 so it will show 999% from the first print.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Advance C250if drum counter

I see the problem.... In the right column, "Expected Life" is set to zero. If I remember correctly, that part is rated for either 150K or 500K.

(It's been a while since I looked those up.) If you change the Life column to 150000, the remaining life percentage will change.