Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon Advance IRC2230 jams

I have a canon IR C2230 that jams paper about 5 inches out of fuser , where the next set of rollers pick it up. I stops in the same spot every time . I am not familiar with this machine. How do you check sensors on this model ? The fuser is fairly new.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon Advance IRC2230 jams

Quote Originally Posted by dustzona View Post
    I have a canon IR C2230 that jams paper about 5 inches out of fuser , where the next set of rollers pick it up. I stops in the same spot every time . I am not familiar with this machine. How do you check sensors on this model ? The fuser is fairly new.
    What is the jam code?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

1st what is the JAM CODE?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

When you put in a fuser you have to take two screws off and put the assembly off old fuser on the new fuser. Those bushings get knocked out of place so I suggest taking the fuser out and inspecting that assembly on top of the fuser.

When you put in a fuser you have to take two screws off and put the assembly off old fuser on the new fuser. Those bushings get knocked out of place so I suggest taking the fuser out and inspecting that assembly on top of the fuser.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Jam error 000205. I checked piece fuser. Looks ok

Jam error 000205. I checked piece fuser. Looks ok
    Funny, I have one this morning jamming in the 2/3 delivery. 020B. 0205 is delay at reg flag. I had to replace that flag assembly on one of them. It comes on another section I do not remember but if you have issues I can look back on the canon grid and see. Check the flag and see if it is broken or sticking. When they first came out they all jammed with a 0105 jam. If you have another fuser to try it could be that. Sometimes the gears wear.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thanks for all of the input .Knowing that the registration switch was having a problem helped point me in the right direction. Turns out that the paper pick up and feed rollers in #1 & #2 cassettes were worn out . I guess it was throwing off the timing. The paper stopped in the same place every time so I was sure it was a bad sensor. weird!

thanks for all of the input .Knowing that the registration switch was having a problem helped point me in the right direction. Turns out that the paper pick up and feed rollers in #1 & #2 cassettes were worn out . I guess it was throwing off the timing. The paper stopped in the same place every time so I was sure it was a bad sensor. weird!
    Glad you found the repair. On the newer models you can touch the jam code and it tells you sensor (with picture) and if delay or stationary. On error codes it gives brief description of fix. Finding the on\off of a sensor is way more complicated.