Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,142
    Rep Power
    40

    IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Black drum needs to be replaced due to quality. When I replaced it I got this code. When I put the old drum in its fine. Manual refers to this code as a magenta issue. Any thoughts? I didn't have a second new drum

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRA C2225 E020-0160


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    If after market drum, possibly bad chip. Have had issues in the past with after market drums in 5240/5250's, wierd error codes, nothing pertaining to what was done, just off the wall errors. Reinstalled old drum and it's ok, like your problem. Change chip or transfer new parts to old unit.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Brian8506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,142
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Itís a new OEM. Maybe I could transfer the chip


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRA C2225 E020-0160


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Also, there is a procedure on how to set drum counter to whatever you want, any copy count, so there won't be a message that says replace drum.

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Black drum needs to be replaced due to quality. When I replaced it I got this code. When I put the old drum in its fine. Manual refers to this code as a magenta issue. Any thoughts? I didn't have a second new drum
    I found out if you do a dcon backup, clear and restore it that message goes away. I think the real fix is to clean the laser mirrors. Not a big job to take laser out. Just make sure it seats correctly when you put it back in. I had many of those machines and only one gave that code every time I replaced the black drum. It eventually did it for the color drums so I cleaned the laser mirrors.

  6. #6
    Technician nicknt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    hochiminh
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Black drum needs to be replaced due to quality. When I replaced it I got this code. When I put the old drum in its fine. Manual refers to this code as a magenta issue. Any thoughts? I didn't have a second new drum
    Replace old chip Drum back and clear counter Drum service is the fastest way.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IRA C2225 E020-0160


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,957
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Also, there is a procedure on how to set drum counter to whatever you want, any copy count, so there won't be a message that says replace drum.
    By default this series does not display "replace drum message"

  8. #8
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IRA C2225 E020-0160


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,957
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I found out if you do a dcon backup, clear and restore it that message goes away. I think the real fix is to clean the laser mirrors. Not a big job to take laser out. Just make sure it seats correctly when you put it back in. I had many of those machines and only one gave that code every time I replaced the black drum. It eventually did it for the color drums so I cleaned the laser mirrors.
    This is the answer, clean patch sensors & fit the new drum back. If the error returns remove & clean the laser ass'y & mirrors this has to be spotlessly clean!

    Swapping the drum chip is a quick fit but it will shorten the life of your new drum.

    Also update the system software this alone may resolve your issue.

  9. #9
    Technician nicknt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    hochiminh
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This is the answer, clean patch sensors & fit the new drum back. If the error returns remove & clean the laser ass'y & mirrors this has to be spotlessly clean!

    Swapping the drum chip is a quick fit but it will shorten the life of your new drum.

    Also update the system software this alone may resolve your issue.
    In This model, Life of drum is very low event replace new drum correctly way. Clear Drum Counter than Drum Chip will be like new one

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts JPiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    390
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: IRA C2225 E020-0160

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    This is the answer, clean patch sensors & fit the new drum back. If the error returns remove & clean the laser ass'y & mirrors this has to be spotlessly clean!

    Swapping the drum chip is a quick fit but it will shorten the life of your new drum.
    I wonder if you'll notice the diference on the black drums, they hardly ever make it to 100%, you're Lucky if they manage to get to 80% w/o faillures..

    And yes, clean laser and patchsensors, then just swap the chip if that fails... I've seen al lot of these errors, some drums do give the error, some don't. The word 'Intermitted' was invented for this i think
    Johan

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here