Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C2230 Err E000020-0260

Hi all,
    just a newbie to this copier world looking some advise.
    I have a Canon C2230 with an error code e000020-0260, with google some of them says magenta drum error.
    but when I go into the service menu, this is in the problem description:

Error Codes > Canon > iR Advance C2230 > Code E020-0260
    Code

E020-0260
    Description

ATR patch failed to be created correctly or Patch Sensor error
    High density for the target at patch detection

Remedy

1. Check the patch shape. 2. Clean the high voltage contact point with dry wiping or air blower. 3. Check the harness/connector between the DC Controller (UN09) and the High Voltage PCB. Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J21) and the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06/ J441, J442) Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J21, J22) and the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07/ J451, J452) Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J19) and the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08/J461, J462) Between the DC Controller PCB (J205) and the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04/J1001) 4. Replace the Drum Unit (C) 5. Replace the Registration Patch Sensor Unit 6. Replace the ITB Unit. 7. Check conduction of the fuses (FU5, FU8) in the DC Controller PCB (UN09). 8. Replace the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04) 9. Replace the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07) 10. Replace the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06) 11. Replace the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08) 12. Replace the DC Controller PCB (UN09)

So my questions are:
    1. What is a ATR patch sensor?
    2. Where do I find the DC controller?
    3. What is a registration patch unit?
    4. What is a ITB unit?
    5. I also tried to copy a color box and the output is shown here. Imgur: The magic of the Internet Any suggestions on what this could be?

Any advise how you would address this error from experience?
    many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by binary; 10-16-2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added picture

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C2230 Err E000020-0260

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Re: C2230 Err E000020-0260

I looked through your user manual and the service manual.
    All of them listed the code detail but does not explain the items that are listed in my questions.
    That is why I posted the questions here.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C2230 Err E000020-0260

Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    Hi all,
    just a newbie to this copier world looking some advise.
    I have a Canon C2230 with an error code e000020-0260, with google some of them says magenta drum error.
    but when I go into the service menu, this is in the problem description:

Error Codes > Canon > iR Advance C2230 > Code E020-0260
    Code

E020-0260
    Description

ATR patch failed to be created correctly or Patch Sensor error
    High density for the target at patch detection

Remedy

1. Check the patch shape. 2. Clean the high voltage contact point with dry wiping or air blower. 3. Check the harness/connector between the DC Controller (UN09) and the High Voltage PCB. Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J21) and the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06/ J441, J442) Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J21, J22) and the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07/ J451, J452) Between the DC Controller PCB (UN09/ J19) and the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08/J461, J462) Between the DC Controller PCB (J205) and the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04/J1001) 4. Replace the Drum Unit (C) 5. Replace the Registration Patch Sensor Unit 6. Replace the ITB Unit. 7. Check conduction of the fuses (FU5, FU8) in the DC Controller PCB (UN09). 8. Replace the Primary Transfer High Voltage PCB (UN04) 9. Replace the Developing High Voltage PCB (UN07) 10. Replace the Primary Charging High Voltage PCB (UN06) 11. Replace the Auxiliary High Voltage PCB (UN08) 12. Replace the DC Controller PCB (UN09)

So my questions are:
    1. What is a ATR patch sensor?
    2. Where do I find the DC controller?
    3. What is a registration patch unit?
    4. What is a ITB unit?
    5. I also tried to copy a color box and the output is shown here. Imgur: The magic of the Internet Any suggestions on what this could be?

Any advise how you would address this error from experience?
    many thanks in advance.
    From your own post not (4) says replace C (cyan) drum i’d start there. But deffo clean patch sensors.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

hi..

may i ask..are you a technician or a user wanting to fix your own mc?

its cyan and you will need to do checks.

whats life of drum..
    under counter and LF
    If its over 130 then yes might be drum..if under 100 then theres another issue
    check your dens if it a - then drum is undertoned.if in + then its over toned
    did u replace drum and err came...
    clean laser...
    is cyan solid or light...
    is there a background...
    is your mc clean....

thank you for all the replies.
    I am a system consultant that recently just started looking into starting service for copiers as well. these C2230 serves as a pilot.

Thank you for making me understand that the (C) under 4 means cyan.
    But what is atr patch sensor? I tried looking on the internet but not alot have came up.

@petermays and @teckat thank you both for the kind advise.
    if this is the image that comes out when you try to do a color copy, what would you think the problem is?
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C2230 Err E000020-0260

It is difficult to explain in these short message boards the Canon imagerunner Advanced COLOR printing process.

Not something you learn overnight. Especially error codes and the way to go about troubleshooting them.

Service Manuals are only a guide to point u in possible directions/ areas to search out causes.

Good Luck 🍻
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

thank you for all the replies.
    I am a system consultant that recently just started looking into starting service for copiers as well. these C2230 serves as a pilot.
    If your serious in wanting to service copiers for customers, I would strongly advice you to invest and follow some training. Specialy on colorprinters.
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    If your serious in wanting to service copiers for customers, I would strongly advice you to invest and follow some training. Specialy on colorprinters.
    Trust me I looked into that. There is no class or training school as far as I looked that does these things. the only way I found is to work fulltime for a company and either you shadow the more experience guys or they send you to train with OEM. but all of this require a fulltime position.

I have a few newbie questions. Obviously this world is different than the worlds that I am used to. For the few people who pointed me to the right direction, thank you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C2230 Err E000020-0260

Trust me I looked into that. There is no class or training school as far as I looked that does these things. the only way I found is to work fulltime for a company and either you shadow the more experience guys or they send you to train with OEM. but all of this require a fulltime position.

I have a few newbie questions. Obviously this world is different than the worlds that I am used to. For the few people who pointed me to the right direction, thank you.
    what is your previous mechanical/electrical/electronics/IT experience? have you been tinkering since you were a kid? if not i suggest you find an experienced contractor to do your copier service work as you will not learn without spending a decade or two working in a full time position for a major manufacturer

color copiers are 3 times more complex than a car, diving in blind is going to end up costing you both time and money, rather than making money

would you go into an operating theatre and attempt to perform surgery with zero training? absolutely not right? same here, this field is highly complex and requires multiple skill-sets combined and a great deal of experience to turn a profit
    Last edited by aAandy; 10-19-2018 at 09:55 AM.