Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR-C2030 background

iR-C2030 background

Hello everyone

iR-C2030 has a recently replaced K drum unit, it has done 30k and the cleaner unit is not cleaning the drum - removed the cleaner section from the drum unit, vacuumed and refitted, drum still not being cleaned

machine has done 205k in total - 162k mono - 43k color

anyone got any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Andy

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    iR-C2030 background

Re: iR-C2030 background

These C-EXV34 drum units are terrible, very rarely hit 100% life however if yours has done 30k thats about all you’ll get before print quality issues.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR-C2030 background

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    These C-EXV34 drum units are terrible, very rarely hit 100% life however if yours has done 30k thats about all you’ll get before print quality issues.
    bummer, they're rated at 60K - guess we'll have to go with a new drum unit! after i've fitted it to ensure the problem is solved, as a test i'm going to fit the new drum cleaner section to the old drum unit to see if that corrects the fault, because it uses a charged cleaner brush instead of a cleaning blade, either the bristles of the brush have worn down OR it is not receiving the charge voltage

thanks for your assistance - muchos grassy-ass

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    iR-C2030 background

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    bummer, they're rated at 60K - guess we'll have to go with a new drum unit! after i've fitted it to ensure the problem is solved, as a test i'm going to fit the new drum cleaner section to the old drum unit to see if that corrects the fault, because it uses a charged cleaner brush instead of a cleaning blade, either the bristles of the brush have worn down OR it is not receiving the charge voltage

thanks for your assistance - muchos grassy-ass
    I wouldn’t take apart the new drum if I were you!

There was a bulletin about this issue, you can increase the “cleaning charge” this can help but only really short term.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

1. Specify the colour with which ghost occurs by visual check
    2.Increase the level of Upstream DC bias by 1 (L2) COPIER>ADJUST>HV-PRI>USUB-xDC
    3.If the trace of Upstream Brush has not disappeared, decrease the level of Upstream DC bias by 1
    4. Decrease the amount of toner deposit (L2) COPIER>OPTION>IMG-MNCON>TNR-DWN
    5. If the issue still persists, replace the Drum Unit of the specific colour
    6. Return the service mode setting value to the default
    I usually don't even bother to try unless we don't hav a drum on stock and I really want to help the customer out for a short while...

btw, at our office we have a piece of pie with our coffee is a Bk drum makes it to 100% in the 20xx machines !
    Johan

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR-C2030 background

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I wouldn’t take apart the new drum if I were you!

There was a bulletin about this issue, you can increase the “cleaning charge” this can help but only really short term.
    you wouldn't happen to have this bulletin perchance? or point me to the relevant 'cleaning charge' (yeah, i could go through the service manual and spend an hour or two reading, damned canon abbreviations in their service menu means you gotta read every single code entry to understand what each means - but if you happen to know it will save time)

why not dismantle the new drum? very easy to do and i rebuild drum units rather regularly when i can get the parts

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR-C2030 background

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    I usually don't even bother to try unless we don't hav a drum on stock and I really want to help the customer out for a short while...

btw, at our office we have a piece of pie with our coffee is a Bk drum makes it to 100% in the 20xx machines !
    i understand these units don't make it to 100%, but 50% and it's playing up? it's not economical to keep the machine at that rate

oh, and thanks for the relevant info - much appreciated

Not all drums drop dead at 50%, most make app. 80%, but 100% w/o errors, hardly..
    Black is the worst, color dosn't give as much problems as bK does.

Charge cleaning is just the to-cheap version of using a blade... If that goes wrong, there's not much to do to fix it..
    Johan