Thread: IrA C5030

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IrA C5030

IrA C5030

hello again fellow techsters

error E027-0300 is showing on this machine after i replaced 4 DCB's and 1 ITB blade (performed full gradation and test prints OK)

i've read the other threads on this, but still need assistance

neither the coupling on the Cyan dev unit nor drive side are broken, dev and drum both rotate fine, normal resistance - marked the drum and dev coupling with black marker to ensure they're both rotating and the marks had moved, cleaned ITB sensors, but error comes up immediately on reboot

client said that the machine recovered twice, printed half a dozen pages then threw the error again and one time it said cyan toner low for a moment before throwing up the error again

any thoughts? possible cyan toner supply problem? i didn't have time to manually add Cyan toner to see if that got the ball rolling, but the cyan dev looked about right

also, i've forgotten how to open the toner door when it is not asking for a new toner

thank you

Re: IrA C5030

COPIER > OPTION >DISPLY-SW -> set to 1

then Adjustment/Maintenance >
    Maintenance > Replace Specified Toner

That was the easy one, can't help you on the error right now...

Johan

Technician

I have an E027-0100 on an iRA C5051. I have so far refurbished the Drum Drive assembly and the Yellow hopper.
    Advice and Service bulletins range from a problem with the coupling sleeve on the dev drive shaft to a possibly dirty tracking disc on the main drive to a blocked toner feed on the hopper to a faulty drum drive PCB. the last one is the only thing I have not tried yet. Apparently there is also a gear that can go missing on the set on hopper assy. It's all in the bulletins.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IrA C5030

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    COPIER > OPTION >DISPLY-SW -> set to 1

then Adjustment/Maintenance >
    Maintenance > Replace Specified Toner

That was the easy one, can't help you on the error right now...

thank you, at least i can remove the toner, manually add toner and see if that resolves the low density error - if it works after manually adding toner i'll be looking for toner feed issues

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IrA C5030

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCan View Post
    I have an E027-0100 on an iRA C5051. I have so far refurbished the Drum Drive assembly and the Yellow hopper.
    Advice and Service bulletins range from a problem with the coupling sleeve on the dev drive shaft to a possibly dirty tracking disc on the main drive to a blocked toner feed on the hopper to a faulty drum drive PCB. the last one is the only thing I have not tried yet. Apparently there is also a gear that can go missing on the set on hopper assy. It's all in the bulletins.
    i've only seen the tech bulleting about the broken dev drive coupling - you wouldn't happen to have the other related bulletins?

looks like a seal has come off and jammed the supply screw on the hopper. the sub code points to the offending color hopper.

Remove the Process Unit and ITB Assembly (for easy access) with a good torch you will see the Seal of the offending Hopper hanging down & with a small pair of pliers grip the seal & with a backwards/forwards movement of the Toner dispensing Tube slowly (without breaking the Seal) pull the Seal towards the front of the machine - believe it or not, the Hopper does not leak excess toner & no other adjustment/settings need to be made, vac out the machine, clean Patch Detect Sensor assy & perform full Autograd.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IrA C5030

Quote Originally Posted by hidius View Post
    looks like a seal has come off and jammed the supply screw on the hopper. the sub code points to the offending color hopper.

Remove the Process Unit and ITB Assembly (for easy access) with a good torch you will see the Seal of the offending Hopper hanging down & with a small pair of pliers grip the seal & with a backwards/forwards movement of the Toner dispensing Tube slowly (without breaking the Seal) pull the Seal towards the front of the machine - believe it or not, the Hopper does not leak excess toner & no other adjustment/settings need to be made, vac out the machine, clean Patch Detect Sensor assy & perform full Autograd.
    i found the seal had come off the cyan toner supply (machine side) and had blocked the toner port - removed the seal, all good

thank you !!