Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220 jamming

Canon IR C3220 jamming

As mentioned before don't know canon that well. Sorry, I know it's hard to troubleshoot in a forum setting without better info. Maybe something common for me to check?

Looked at this machine today jamming every time. Before I tested it I found about 5 folded blank sheets inside middle of mach.

Now when using either drawer paper doesn't leave drawer. When using manual feed tray it will feed in a few inches and jam under that clear cover. Customer said it was working yesterday no problems then one page was good but multiples jammed, now jamming every time. Also said it is now making a strange noise when warming up or running. I did hear fan making noise but nothing unusual for an old machine like that. The girl that sits right next to it said she hears the different noise, not just the fan and now it's jamming. Possibly related?

Not sure if will help but screen shots of today's jams attached.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by copyman; 11-08-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220 jamming

Re: Canon IR C3220 jamming

I have not seen one of these for a couple of years. According to the Svc manual, the jam codes
    break down like this:

first part of the 0107 means a delay in the sensor actuation. A slow feed that did not make it to the sensor
    in time. The next two numbers point to a sensor.
    The first code reads like this
    time when the jam happened
    time when the jam was cleared
    Those are the first 2 sets of four numbers, next is the location. 0 = main frame.
    Next is the code 0102 then the feed position 1 for tray 1 and 2 for tray 2.

The code I see most on the second page is 0107. There was a delay of the fuser sensor to actuate. I know that I have had to give
    the spring on that sensor an extra wrap in order to get it to respond fast enough. That sensor wand is in the middle of the paper
    path and the sensor is at one of the ends. The inlet sensor is right there at the inlet guide. You will need to take the fuser
    apart to get to them. As I recall this model has been know to get flat spots on the pressure roller and thump when it rotates.
    It has also been know to make it jam.
    You do have the service manual don't you? It will make it a lot easier.
    The other codes indicate a feed delay to the retry sensor. The paper did not leave the tray. You may need new feed rollers.
    Try cleaning them for a temp fix. There should be some tread on the rollers. And there are a couple of one way bearings
    thrown in just to make it interesting.

Good luck

DR

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220 jamming

Start with the basics, what condition are the feed rollers in? even if they are worn a good clean will get the machine feeding paper.

Same for the bypass if customer doesn't use it dust builds up on the roller & it wont pick, clean that & try again, its unlikely all 3 ports are not picking up paper.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Canon IR C3220 jamming

Thanks for the replies. Going back with rollers and try to at least get the paper to feed. Plus I'll have more time to look at it better. I do have the serv manual. Will let you know what I find.

thanks again

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220 jamming

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Going back with rollers and try to at least get the paper to feed. Plus I'll have more time to look at it better. I do have the serv manual. Will let you know what I find.

thanks again

To add:
    Make sure the black fuser entrance guide is free of burrs ( hard pieces of waste toner )
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks again
    Hi,
    For further checks, the inner transport system starts with paper sensor flag, pickup rollers, clutch, gears, precision rollers, Intermediate Transfer Belt (ITB) in most machines, a registration sensor and an exit sensor.
    1. if a pickup roller is dislocated, it will make it impossible to pick the paper
    2. A faulty clutch will make it impossible to pick the paper
    3. A broken or dislocated gear will cause noise during the running of the machine
    4. If a spring on a sensor flag is dislocated, or if a sensor flag is dislocated, it will give constant signal of jammed paper

My suspicion and suggestion is there might have been too much pressure on at least one of the above-mentioned areas when pulling out the jammed papers along the line that is probable to cause any of the aforementioned signals. A careful check will help. Let us know any subsequent development. All the best!

Canon IR C3220 jamming

Re: Canon IR C3220 jamming UPDATE

Just wanted to update so maybe it helps to get some more ideas what to check? I put new paper feed rollers in and now paper will feed to fuser entrance and stop. Not sure if it even makes it to fuser entrance sensor. Paper doesn't seem to make it into fuser but stops right before. It jams same exact place every time with complete UN-fused image on paper. The jam code is 0107. Confirmed the fuser & gears are turning (marked gears with magic marker). Fuser entrance sensor is working because if I leave a piece of paper on top of sensor machine shows jam at that spot immediately when turning on. I couldn't find the registration sensor , have to check serv manual.

Thanks again for the help

Canon IR C3220 jamming

UPDATE

Just wanted to bump this post up. See prior post. Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C3220 jamming

Re: UPDATE

Just wanted to bump this post up. See prior post. Thanks

Reg sensor is in Chapter 10-75 of the service manual.

Canon IR C3220 jamming

Re: Canon IR C3220 jamming UPDATE

Just wanted to update so maybe it helps to get some more ideas what to check? I put new paper feed rollers in and now paper will feed to fuser entrance and stop. Not sure if it even makes it to fuser entrance sensor. Paper doesn't seem to make it into fuser but stops right before. It jams same exact place every time with complete UN-fused image on paper. The jam code is 0107. Confirmed the fuser & gears are turning (marked gears with magic marker). Fuser entrance sensor is working because if I leave a piece of paper on top of sensor machine shows jam at that spot immediately when turning on. I couldn't find the registration sensor , have to check serv manual.

Thanks again for the help
    Wasn't sure if this ever got bumped up with the website issue.

Going back next week and will try the registration sensor. Any other thoughts appreciated.

Thanks again