Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

e001-0004 ir8295

Has anyone seen a e001-0004 error on a iradv8295. The manual says it is a difference of temp detected by the termistors. I have replaced the thermistors, replaces the harness for the fuser and the back of the machine. It tends to get this code after a long copy job is finished. by the time I get there the machine is cool and the thermistor read approximatly the same temp.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    e001-0004 ir8295

Re: e001-0004 ir8295

Quote Originally Posted by bucman1 View Post
    Has anyone seen a e001-0004 error on a iradv8295. The manual says it is a difference of temp detected by the termistors. I have replaced the thermistors, replaces the harness for the fuser and the back of the machine. It tends to get this code after a long copy job is finished. by the time I get there the machine is cool and the thermistor read approximatly the same temp.

Main Driver pcb

Could be a Pico Fuse 12v supply issue. FU19
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Don't remember what the end code was but had a machine with e001 that only replacing the upper half of fuser fixed. It happened at least twice and customer had two machines and the other one never did it. I tried thermistors first. Maybe the inner heat core is bad.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    e001-0004 ir8295

Replacing thermo switch, main and sub thermistors may resolve it

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    e001-0004 ir8295

Has anyone seen a e001-0004 error on a iradv8295. The manual says it is a difference of temp detected by the thermistors. I have replaced the thermistors, replaces the harness for the fuser and the back of the machine. It tends to get this code after a long copy job is finished. by the time I get there the machine is cool and the thermistor read approximately the same temp.
    you didn't replace thermostats did you?
    you are looking at boards...what controls the temp in the fuser? Thermostats!

how do the exhaust fans look? full of crud? clean them out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

The code says there is difference in temperature beetwen main and side thermistors.
    If you get the code on copier start, do what Teckat said, if the code is shown when copier is printing, i'll suggest you to enter SM-Copier-Analog and see the tepterature of upper roller if its going high when copier its printing. If the temperature reach to 220 grades Celcius, copier will stop and shows you E001-004.
    If yes, have to change the roller with a genuine one.
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"