Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Post MF8280CW rear door

Havent powered up or confirmed but cust says the rear door has problems preventing the printer from working. Wondering if its common to see a bad door switch or something on these?

Searched this site for the model, all I see is a SM request not answered. Canon support seems to not want anyone other than Canon to work on these?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MF8280CW rear door

Re: MF8280CW rear door

Quote Originally Posted by Technotronic View Post
    Havent powered up or confirmed but cust says the rear door has problems preventing the printer from working. Wondering if its common to see a bad door switch or something on these?

Searched this site for the model, all I see is a SM request not answered. Canon support seems to not want anyone other than Canon to work on these?
    Go to site & see for yourself, customer is most likely reporting the fault entirely wrong!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Re: MF8280CW rear door

I confirmed it, says close back cover...and its closed. Cant see anything obstructing the door. Hard to make out the switch thats detecting the door open-close. Might be a sensor with a plastic flag that sticks in it not sure.

Canons site seemed to say that it could be a paper jam , but I dont see any signs of one. The separator pad in the document scanner feeder was popped loose, so I took it apart and re-attached it in place, but still have the error.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Go to site & see for yourself, customer is most likely reporting the fault entirely wrong!