Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon IRC 6800

Technician

Smile Canon IRC 6800

Can anyone help me I a working on on a IRC6800 that has a residual jam but there is no paper present, jam code 0A0A points to sensors PS3, PS29 and PS9.

Thank you in advance

Wash up all of the vertical path rollers inside both upper and lower right hand side doors.
    Although...due to the fact that there's no paper present I'm guessing that the pickup,feed and sep rollers of the right deck are due for changing.

Technician

IRC 6800

thank you very much going to give that a try wish me luck

Technician

Did not work

:-( Gave that a try still no luck copier still showing paper jam i ordered a couple of sensors goin to try and change those I dont think its the sensors but it givesme a lil more time to do some resarch. Its a power on jam so i know something is blocking the sensor at the power on process, but what is I dont know. Anyone has any more tips or tricks that might help feel free to share thanks in advance

Check the reg sensor. I have seen numerous times it gets stuck down and blocks the PI

Technician 250+ Posts
    Check the vertical path sensors and check out the gate on the machine in the vertical area. These fall out of place all the time. The metal that they are attached to is so thin you can bend it with your fingers. Also check the connectors on the bed and rear frame for small pieces of paper.

and we STILL NEED THAT JAM CODE..!!!!

Technician

Talking Error Code

thanks guys for all the help going to give that a try
    sorry the jam code is 0A0A

Problem :
    The following was found as a result of inspection. Since there was a backlash in the sensor flag for the registration sensor (PS9), the paper detection lever of the sensor flag interfered with the guide plate and this prevented the sensor flag from moving smoothly. Accordingly, the above jam codes frequently occurred or the jam occurrence indication remained displaying.
    0A0A: Residual jam at registration sensor
    020A: Stationary jam at registration sensor
    Solution :
    When the symptom described above occurs, or these jam codes are recorded in the jam history, inspect the paper detection lever to check whether it interferes with the guide plate. If so, remove the Registration Mount Ass'y and the sensor flag, and insert a washer into the shaft (front side).
    Recommended washer size: 4.1mm (inner diameter) x 8mm (outer diameter) x 0.5 to 1mm (thick)
    (Washer part number: XD1-1104-135 through XD1-1104-139).

Problem :
    Jam code 0A0A, residual jam at the Registration Sensor PS9.There is no paper present at the Registration Sensor PS9.

Solution :
    In this case, the flag for Registration Sensor PS9 was getting stuck on the Registration Mount Assembly frame next to PS9. To prevent the flag from getting stuck, the Registration Mount Assembly frame was shaved to provide more clearance between the flag and frame.