Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon ImageRunner C5235 pulling double pages

Re: Canon ImageRunner C5235 pulling double pages

A common problem with glossy paper. Therefore, printers wich often print on glossy paper (imagepress) have air-separation of paper.

YouTube
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    A common problem with glossy paper. Therefore, printers which often print on glossy paper (imagepress) have air-separation of paper.

YouTube
    Or a vacuum pick-up. The Heidelburg comes to mind. There was one in our high school print shop in the 1970s.

If there is one, when will the Lease on this C5235 be up?

After viewing the video , it seems as if it's time to Trade/Move up to the next level.

Now knowing that this may be the fault of printing on glossy paper, I hope the original poster "DMP" has some hair left.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just out of curiosity, have you tried replacing the Torque Limiter on your separation roller?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried replacing the Torque Limiter on your separation roller?
    Thank You all fellas for your replies and I am sorry I have not replied earlier.
    To answer questions above, yes I did replace torque limiter on first drawer. However this was unlikely to be the issue since it had occurred on both top (1st) and 2nd drawers.
    Upon following cleaning procedure from the manual of all rollers, sensors etc the issue was finally resolved. It took tons of wasted expensive paper, a bunch of OEM feed pickup and separation roller kits, and what not. I still have not narrowed which exact sensor or roller causes the issue but it must be somewhere within pickup/feed system. I now occasionally go over the same cleaning procedure every several thousands of copies and jamming or double page feeding no longer occurs.
    This copier was purchased brand new from Canon USA with buy out option (not leased). I also opted out of any contracts since all we print is fully colored, double pages, folded, stapled and finished into assembly manual booklet. Upon quick calculation if I had to be under contract, It would have costed me the price of the machine itself every year or less.
    For the past 3 years I have learned so much about this machine, I can say with confidence I understand it better than the several Canon technicians whom have serviced it several times.
    On a separate note, I always wanted to publicly share my buying experience with Canon USA (Boca Raton, FL location) and the worst purchasing experience I have had in my entire life. Probably matter of another thread if it is allowed in this great and helpful forum.
    Back on topic, although this copier has served its purpose OK so far at 313k pages, it is definitely not the best solution for production printing colored double sided booklet with mixed HQ images and text.
    I am definitely interested in upgrading to Canon ImagePress series. Will look into it for sure.

Thanks again guys and have a great one!
    D.