Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Red face Canon IR 3180 LCD Problem

Not sure if anyone has come across this problem before but this machine doesn't always have the LCD display light up?,i have changed the complete panel but still the same, turning it off then on again usually sorts it out, happens every 3 out of 5 times?,any help appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 3180 LCD Problem

Re: Canon IR 3180 LCD Problem

Quote Originally Posted by steve1973 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has come across this problem before but this machine doesn't always have the LCD display light up?,i have changed the complete panel but still the same, turning it off then on again usually sorts it out, happens every 3 out of 5 times?,any help appreciated.

First things first. What I would do when I came across quirky issue like this...especially on Canon, is to power the machine down and unplug it, remove the rear covers and reseat all the connectors on the DC Controller. 99% of the time a loos connection will give you strange, random issues.

While the machine is unplugged, check the power coming out of the wall. A good line voltage tester will let you know if you have good voltage, not too much line loss under load, and it'll also check for leakage to ground. Any one of those can also cause random problems. You should also check and see if someone has their space heater or some other "Power sucking device" connected to the same circuit as the copier. Power sag is bad..... M'kay?

Good luck!

Technician

Ok thanks, will give that a try

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IR 3180 LCD Problem

A lot of those displays were bad. The ones from Japan are the best. Japan displays last the longest. I have replaced several and noted that they used displays from two other countries.

Technician

Thanks for that i will try swapping the display to see if that helps ,i have re-seated all of the connections on the DC Controller and checked boot rom/memory/hard disk connections, but still the same.