MF8280CDW door sensor

The rear door does not seem to be detecting a closed sate even when its closed. I cleaned the flag sensor with a qtip, no help, so I wanna try replacing the sensor which is
    part no. RC2-2879-000. Cant find any stock online. Took a picture, and thought maybe someone knows a compatable part number, from another model or different brand that
    uses this type?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MF8280CDW door sensor

Re: MF8280CDW door sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Technotronic View Post
    The rear door does not seem to be detecting a closed sate even when its closed. I cleaned the flag sensor with a qtip, no help, so I wanna try replacing the sensor which is
    part no. RC2-2879-000. Cant find any stock online. Took a picture, and thought maybe someone knows a compatable part number, from another model or different brand that
    uses this type?
    ITEM INC - View Shopping Cart Page
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Found one on precision roller....the link posted in the above thread does not seem to work here.

I installed the new sensor and still same error.

It makes some mechanical cycling sounds, mostly during power down that sould clacking and not right.

I can see near the back above the sensor some gears for I guess exit rollers that spin, but theres a spring loaded sharp tooth clutch that spins the opposite way
    and is causing the clacking...is that normal for these Canons?

Multibrands Tech 250+ Posts rapidocument's Avatar

Sometimes I've found in some canons (and HPs mostly), that sensor wires are held with cable tie belts fit too tight , just cut the tie belt and "feel" each of the loose cables with the tip of your fingers to find if any of the wires are broken and thus giving a false signal. (or no signal at all). solution: cut the damaged section(s) off and solder a piece of new cable in its place. (last resort).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MF8280CDW door sensor

I have a parts machine available - 8580. No Fuser or toner carriage. Belt is available.

The 3 wires from the sensor to the board connector read ok. Theres no voltage on any of the pins when you power the machine on, so I guess the sensor is ok, and could be one of the boards, but what one? I jumpered the pins to the ground pin with the sensor removed and the error message still persists....so still looks like a board problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MF8280CDW door sensor

This fuser is the same Nightmare fuser that is in the HP Laserjet 400 that so many had the " Output bin is full " False Jam message. The HP will feed the paper through and then false jam. Only solution is to replace the fuser unit as it is one of the buried sensors on the fuser. I don't know what else to tell you.