Canon IRC3080 tray 1 multifeeding

Not real knowledgeable on this machine but I have one that is multifeeding from tray 1. From just looking at it I saw the sep roller seats up with a torque limiter(which has been replaced but did not resolve issue) and that would be the cause of it. Sep Roller looks good and when you close side door it is engaging the sep roller up against the feed roller. Is there more to this system or is it just basically shaft, torque limiter, and sep roller or am I missing something? I don't have a parts manual to look at a diagram.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IRC3080 tray 1 multifeeding

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Was actually the next page is actually what I was looking for but this is definitely the start I needed. Thanks a ton teckat!
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Was actually the next page is actually what I was looking for but this is definitely the start I needed. Thanks a ton teckat!

Have not seen this model in a long time,
    but remember pick up roller needs to release, think u can swap no.1 with no.2 pick up units to check

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Have not seen this model in a long time,
    but remember pick up roller needs to release, think u can swap no.1 with no.2 pick up units to check

I THINK 2, 3 and 4 can be swapped...but IF I remember correctly, Cassette 1 PFU is its own creature. You'd have to switch out some of the hardware on it for it to work in 2 or otherwise.

...like you, it's been a while since I've seen one...but that kind of jumps out in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I THINK 2, 3 and 4 can be swapped...but IF I remember correctly, Cassette 1 PFU is its own creature. You'd have to switch out some of the hardware on it for it to work in 2 or otherwise.

...like you, it's been a while since I've seen one...but that kind of jumps out in my mind.

Yeah, u are right, different animal

#1=

#2,3,4=

I'm a Kyocera and Konica Minolta tech but we inherited this machine at a school district so this is a new beast to me. Seems there isn't much to the system I have just never seen it before so was wondering if it might be common issue. Thanks for the help and info tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I'm a Kyocera and Konica Minolta tech but we inherited this machine at a school district so this is a new beast to me. Seems there isn't much to the system I have just never seen it before so was wondering if it might be common issue. Thanks for the help and info tho.

The paper inside the cassette is held up by the lifter plate. When pickup takes place, the pickup roller moves down to come into contact with the surface of paper.
    The pickup roller is moved down when the pickup solenoid goes on.-----------If it does not move back up (off) it will grab next sheet and move paper to pickup before first sheet trail edge passes sensor
    The feed roller and the separation roller serve to make sure that a single sheet of paper is moved to the feed path, and the paper is moved as far as the registration
    roller by the work of the vertical path roller.
    The pickup vertical path roller, pickup roller, feed roller, and separation roller are driven by the cassette pickup motor.

The STOP PLATE on solenoid may be sticking---preventing it's release.

stop plate.jpg

SL2: Cassette 1 pickup solenoid
    Before Removing Cassette Pickup Solenoid

1) Detach the rear right cover.
    2) Detach the right cover.
    3) Detach the right lower cover.
    4) Remove the cassette pickup unit 2.
    5) Remove the cassette pickup unit 1.

Delay Jam for the Pickup Unit
    The leading edge of paper does not reach the sensor after the cassette 1/2 pickup motor has started to rotate.
    Cassette 1 ------cassette 1 pickup motor (M4) cassette 1 ------- retry sensor (PS25)

Now this makes sense and I will be sure to check this and report back. Should have known...old machine...solenoid feed system...sticky pad...