Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

CFU AM1 Adv C 5560

Bit of a doozie here. Constant jams from tray 3 and 4, delay jam at ps 76, code 0115. I have swapped pick up units, tried the CFU controller and wiring harness. I am starting to think it isn't the CFU itself, but perhaps a PCB on the main unit. The paper will be stuck in either pick up assembly immediately after pick up operation. The paper does not even have time to get to ps 76, leads me to a logic or PCB issue. I do not have a spare CFU to swap and test. Canon has no info on this, wondering if anyone else has seen this, or something similar?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CFU AM1 Adv C 5560

Re: CFU AM1 Adv C 5560

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Bit of a doozie here. Constant jams from tray 3 and 4, delay jam at ps 76, code 0115. I have swapped pick up units, tried the CFU controller and wiring harness. I am starting to think it isn't the CFU itself, but perhaps a PCB on the main unit. The paper will be stuck in either pick up assembly immediately after pick up operation. The paper does not even have time to get to ps 76, leads me to a logic or PCB issue. I do not have a spare CFU to swap and test. Canon has no info on this, wondering if anyone else has seen this, or something similar?
    This could be a harness connection issue,
    See manual link below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1547679180539
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Tried new pick up assemblies, noticed the vert rollers were badly gummed up for some reason on those two assemblies. Suspect the type of paper they run through those trays do not like the new style rollers in the pick up area or vert feed.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CFU AM1 Adv C 5560

If you're still using the FC6-6661-000 separation roller, don't. We used to have a TON of issues with those.

The paper feed roller (FC0-5080-000) can be used as both Feed AND Separation. They tend to last a lot longer than the spongy 6661 roller too.

You also might want to check out your torque limiters on those trays. (FB6-3410-000). If those have a cracked housing, dust gets inside them and they start getting intermittent.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    If you're still using the FC6-6661-000 separation roller, don't. We used to have a TON of issues with those.

The paper feed roller (FC0-5080-000) can be used as both Feed AND Separation. They tend to last a lot longer than the spongy 6661 roller too.

You also might want to check out your torque limiters on those trays. (FB6-3410-000). If those have a cracked housing, dust gets inside them and they start getting intermittent.

Good luck!

This generation doesn't use those rollers anymore, neoprene.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CFU AM1 Adv C 5560

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post

Good luck!

I use the FC0-5080 on both sep and feed and never had an issue, they do last alot longer than the 6661s, i get grief of other techs saying they dont work but in the area i cover i rarely see machines in for jamming when using these!