Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

canon ir3245 freezing

Took over a office that had one they say is freezing up. They said they had the tech come out and he replaced a lot of parts and never could fix the problem. We went out and cleaned out the fans and vents (all stopped up) and replaced the hard drive with new firmware. That was a month ago and they called and said it is still locking up? Any ideas what to look for, never had one that reseating the ram, replacing the hard drive and making sure it is getting venation did not cure...machine was very clean except the vents and fans.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    canon ir3245 freezing

Re: canon ir3245 freezing

I had something similar long time ago on this model.I can't remember what exactly was the cause, but I know it was something about the network.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: canon ir3245 freezing

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Took over a office that had one they say is freezing up. They said they had the tech come out and he replaced a lot of parts and never could fix the problem. We went out and cleaned out the fans and vents (all stopped up) and replaced the hard drive with new firmware. That was a month ago and they called and said it is still locking up? Any ideas what to look for, never had one that reseating the ram, replacing the hard drive and making sure it is getting venation did not cure...machine was very clean except the vents and fans.
    Check and see if they have POE. Most places that have cameras have this. We had one we swapped machines with identical model and it locked up. Same thing happened to different machine. An advanced B&W does not do it at same location. I had changed hard drive, control panel main controller and ram. You can make a cable or cut two wires on Ethernet cable.