Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IR ADVANCE 5560

Technician

IR ADVANCE 5560

HELP A HUSBAND IN NEED!
    My wifes office just got a ir5560 as part of a corporate acquisition - after 3 weeks it finally will print 8.5x11 from their computers - no envelopes, no legal, no color - the install company said " that's just the way it is - it is a letter size printer, call again and it will be a service call"

So because I am an old tech and have 6 canons in my shop . . . Honey can you look at it - I downloaded a manual to confirm my suspicions. . . .

This morning I went to look at it - when they go to print anything to the bypass tray it defaults to letter size - envelopes or custom sizes default to letter size - trying to create a "profile" with legal+bypass+1 sided - doesn't save, it reverts to letter again - there is no envelope option from print tray 1, when you go to the machine display panel all of these variables are available just not from the print dialogue screen -

HELP ME BE A HERO - print driver? Something in the service mode to "unlock" a preset? or do I tell her that's just the way it is and start eating out more?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: IR ADVANCE 5560

Quote Originally Posted by cedarstreet View Post
    HELP A HUSBAND IN NEED!
    My wifes office just got a ir5560 as part of a corporate acquisition - after 3 weeks it finally will print 8.5x11 from their computers - no envelopes, no legal, no color - the install company said " that's just the way it is - it is a letter size printer, call again and it will be a service call"

So because I am an old tech and have 6 canons in my shop . . . Honey can you look at it - I downloaded a manual to confirm my suspicions. . . .

This morning I went to look at it - when they go to print anything to the bypass tray it defaults to letter size - envelopes or custom sizes default to letter size - trying to create a "profile" with legal+bypass+1 sided - doesn't save, it reverts to letter again - there is no envelope option from print tray 1, when you go to the machine display panel all of these variables are available just not from the print dialogue screen -

HELP ME BE A HERO - print driver? Something in the service mode to "unlock" a preset? or do I tell her that's just the way it is and start eating out more?

Start with a freshly loaded UFR driver on a laptop and try printing using a crossover cable. If the print conditions are normal and all options available then you know it is the driver. Start there first.

Technician

This copier will do UFRII, PCL6 and PS all built in, just need a legitimate driver from canon. Unless your service company has put some special system software? Definitely sounds like bad driver though.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

what paper size is your print driver set to?
    if the select mp tray do they also select what size paper they wanna print on?

look under printer settings on mc.is the media set to LTR?
    Maybe someone set the mp tray to only use letter

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    IR ADVANCE 5560

because you mentioned "honey", likely waifu's computer, which can be a mac or an apple.

nothing can fix apple.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by cedarstreet View Post
    the install company said " that's just the way it is - it is a letter size printer, call again and it will be a service call"
    Gee, bad karma points for the Install company...
    Johan

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR ADVANCE 5560

SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES

Paper Cassette 1: Letter, Executive, Statement-R, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), DL, ISO-C5], Custom Size (3-7/8" x 5-7/8" to 11-3/4" x 8-1/2")

Paper Cassette 2: 12" x 18", 11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5], Custom Size (3-7/8" x 7-1/8" to 12" x 18")

Stack Bypass: 12" x 18", 11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement, Statement-R, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5], Envelope Custom Size (3-7/8" x 3-7/8" to 12-5/8" x 18"), Custom Size (3-7/8" x 5-1/2" to 12-5/8" x 18"), Free Size (3-7/8" x 5-1/2" to 12-5/8" x 18")

CASSETTE FEEDING UNIT-AM1: 12" x 18", 11" x 17", Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (3-7/8" x 7-1/8" to 12" x 18")

HIGH CAPACITY CASSETTE FEEDING UNIT-A1: Letter

PAPER DECK UNIT-F1: Letter

Basically, Tray 1 is a LTR tray. Tray 2 is Universal, and if you have the 2-cassette pedestal...then 3 & 4 are also universal.

The setup tech may have defaulted the bypass to LTR instead of Auto-detect. Go into Settings/Registration and under Device, look for MP Tray paper settings. It's been a while, so not 100% sure of the path to get you there.