Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

imageprograf w8400pg

hi,

this machine is not printing the color yellow. i check with noozle check and the yellow is not there. what do you think it can be? the print head?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    imageprograf w8400pg

Re: imageprograf w8400pg

Quote Originally Posted by pLatik View Post
    hi,

this machine is not printing the color yellow. i check with noozle check and the yellow is not there. what do you think it can be? the print head?

Did u check if it's dumping directly into waste tank

Are u refilling ? Make sure carts are sealed properly, if not
    Printer will dump to prevent a leak.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Re: imageprograf w8400pg

Quote Originally Posted by pLatik View Post
    hi,

Yes likely just the Printhead however I would check the Number of Days elapsed on them. If you did not get 2 years or so from them, then there is likely another problem, possibly affecting them. An example is the Purge Unit. It Cleans, Caps, and takes care of the Printhead so I would look it over thoroughly if your are not getting adequate use from your PH. Also, never turn your Printer off completely if you can help it. There is a sleep mode that the printer will settle into and barely use any electricity. The reason is, the PH needs to expel some microscopic amounts of ink every once in awhile to stay healthy and not dry up and clog. if you have had the printer off for extended periods of time, the life of the Printhead will be reduced greatly, if you ever get the printhead printing again after a long shut down.
    Finally, I have seen a rare case or 2 where the Main Board was bad and would not let 1 specific color print, and there is a slight chance that where the Ink Tube Assembly connects to the PH via an Overlapping spring system, that one side just isn't creating a seal on the Printhead. No seal, No Vacuum, No ink.