Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IRADV C5035 Close Front door

Copier shows on the display when booted up to Close Front Door. I open it and close it then it says

Close right side door . upper section first. I do that and it goes back to indicating front door is not

closed. I got into I\O mode and the door sensors change state when doors are opened and closed.

Any ideas?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: IRADV C5035 Close Front door

Product :
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 / C5035 / C5045 / C5051
    Title :
    Close door message. Alternates between close the front door and close the right door.

Problem :

When the machine is powered up, the display indicates to close the door. The screen may indicate to close the front door, then change to close the right door (when the front door is opened and then closed). The message will alternate between the two if the opposite door is opened and then closed.

There is a reason for this:
    The door switch (SW3/4) is common between both the front door and the right door. The switch (SW3/4) does not know which door is open because both doors need to be closed in order for the switch to actuate. By opening and then closing the front door or the right door, this unblocked and then blocks the photo interrupter so that the machine thinks that it is the opposite door that must be open.

Solution :

(SW3/4) is not changing in I/O mode. P009-15 is a constant 1 indicating that the door (SW3/4) is open.
    - Checked the voltage at the switch (SW3/4) and its mechanical operation...o.k.
    - Checked the voltage at the DC Controller to J136. It changed as J136 on the DC Controller was wiggled. Crimped the connector (see problem 1 below). Now J136 reads like expected but the door message is still present.
    - Replaced the DC Controller with one from working machine...no change.
    - Replaced the Power Relay PCB and this resolved the issue.
    The machine had 2 problems.

Problem 1:
    There was a bad connection on the 2 pin connector J136 at the DC Controller. Removed the pins from the connector one at a time, crimped the metal contact pin, then reinserted the contact pin into the plastic holder. This resolved the intermittent connection issue at the DC Controller.
    Problem 2: The voltage at the DC Controller was correct but the message was still there. The normal voltage is: J136 Pin 2 = 12V (supply/ constant), J136 Pin 1 = 0V (door open) / 12V (door closed). Replacing the Power Relay PCB ((UN-5) FM3-7935-000) resolved the issue. Found that the resistor fuse FU9 was blown on the Power Relay PCB. Suspect that the blown fuse was the cause of the problem. Note: After the Power Relay PCB was replaced, the motors and HVTs came on which we were not hearing before the board was replaced.

Solution: [Parts Manual Figure 911] Power Relay PCB (FM3-7935-000 (UN-5)) or the Power Supply Assembly FM3-6030-000 (which includes the Power Relay PCB (UN-5)).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IRADV C5035 Close Front door

Thanks for the information. In this case I created the problem by having the secondary transfer assembly off

and not reinstalling the cover that sits on the inside of the right door. It has an activator tab on it.