Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ir advance 5035 color problem

Hello Guys,
    I'm working on an IR5035 copier that is giving me problems with copies from print and copying. The test print attached shows streaks made from all the colors. When I changed the ITB cleaning blade and adjusted the density of the background and the bleed-through areas, I got the output as it appears in the picture with minimized streaks that appear horizontally across the copy.
    If I make a copy using PHOTO mode, it appears as dark as it appears on the next image.

I don't have enough knowledge on the color adjustment. I wish someone can help with a suggestion. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ir advance 5035 color problem

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I'm working on an IR5035 copier that is giving me problems with copies from print and copying. The test print attached shows streaks made from all the colors. When I changed the ITB cleaning blade and adjusted the density of the background and the bleed-through areas, I got the output as it appears in the picture with minimized streaks that appear horizontally across the copy.
    If I make a copy using PHOTO mode, it appears as dark as it appears on the next image.
    I don't have enough knowledge on the color adjustment. I wish someone can help with a suggestion. Thanks in advance.
    ok..
    how many pages on the consumables?
    what does the belt look like?
    Trans Roller?
    stop text.. are marks on the drums?
    anything beside BCB done?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ok..
    how many pages on the consumables?
    what does the belt look like?
    Trans Roller?
    stop text.. are marks on the drums?
    anything beside BCB done?
    Thanks for the reply Phil.
    I changed three of the drums last week. For the transfer roller, when I get the image on the test page, this image appears to have duplicated on the transfer roller. Before replacing the drums, I vacuum-cleaned the internal, manually cleaned the laser mirrors as well as the scanning mirrors. The itb is not all that new, but it is not worn-out.

Thanks for the reply Phil.
    I changed three of the drums last week.

**For the transfer roller, when I get the image on the test page, this image appears to have duplicated on the transfer roller.**

Before replacing the drums, I vacuum-cleaned the internal, manually cleaned the laser mirrors as well as the scanning mirrors. The itb is not all that new, but it is not worn-out.
    ok .. NOW note the areas with the **xxxxxx** that I have noted from your statement.. notice a correlation in the symptoms?

what SHOULD be your next move? in your mind.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Hello Guys,

You need an ITB cleaning blade. I replace the entire itb cleaning assembly because there are seals on the ends that get dirty and it is easier. Cleaning the blade sometimes works for a while if you do not have one. When they are yellow it is time for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    You need an ITB cleaning blade. I replace the entire itb cleaning assembly because there are seals on the ends that get dirty and it is easier. Cleaning the blade sometimes works for a while if you do not have one. When they are yellow it is time for a new one.
    from the OP : When I changed the ITB cleaning blade and adjusted the density of the background and the bleed-through areas, I got the output as it appears in the picture with minimized streaks that appear horizontally across the copy.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    from the OP : When I changed the ITB cleaning blade and adjusted the density of the background and the bleed-through areas, I got the output as it appears in the picture with minimized streaks that appear horizontally across the copy.
    Looks like cleaning blade to me. Even with a new one it is not working or not put in right. You can see the pattern on the belt that should have been cleaned off and the yellow edge looks like it is not being cleaned. Only the cleaning blade cleans the belt of the pattern for color calibration.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The machine may have the old cleaning assembly so changing the blade isn't enough. The new one was beefed up to prevent premature failure. This updated version has even been revised a couple of times. FM4-7244-020