Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon IR C5185 Driver issue

I have the 5185 and it has been running fine. I started it up today and I went to print something from word and I needed the paper in the side paper deck and when I brought up the printer properties dialouge box, the side paper deck was greyed out. It would not allow me to choose it.

This happened once before a long time ago but I cannot remember how I fixed it. I tried rebooting the copier and nothing. I can connect to the copier from my browser and bring the internal software and it shows the paper deck is there.

Now also what is happening is I try to access the printer properties dialogue from a program it just shuts the program down. I can access it from Word but every other program I have tried just shuts down only when I click on the properties button.

I did reinstall the driver but no change.

Any help appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR C5185 Driver issue

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I have the 5185 and it has been running fine. I started it up today and I went to print something from word and I needed the paper in the side paper deck and when I brought up the printer properties dialouge box, the side paper deck was greyed out. It would not allow me to choose it.
    This happened once before a long time ago but I cannot remember how I fixed it. I tried rebooting the copier and nothing. I can connect to the copier from my browser and bring the internal software and it shows the paper deck is there.
    Now also what is happening is I try to access the printer properties dialogue from a program it just shuts the program down. I can access it from Word but every other program I have tried just shuts down only when I click on the properties button.
    I did reinstall the driver but no change. Any help appreciated.
    did you search for " device update " in the driver?

Technician

Yes sir. No change
    Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Yes sir. No change
    Thanks
    All cables for external devices tight ( do this with POWER OFF please)
    Does the error report show any errors?
    Power problems?
    Kinda need more info.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

I did reinstall the driver but no change.

Any help appreciated.

Take another PC and install new driver. Be sure choose correct Driver and OS version, also 32 or 64bit.
    Setup driver with Administrator account.