Technician

Iradv c5035 paper wrinkled

anyone can help me... my iradvc5035 when printing 1sided or 2 sided, paper wrinkled. can see attachment below. i already check fixing unit, pressure roller and fixing film seem nothing wrong. pls need help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Iradv c5035 paper wrinkled

Quote Originally Posted by safuanjafri View Post
    anyone can help me... my iradvc5035 when printing 1sided or 2 sided, paper wrinkled. can see attachment below. i already check fixing unit, pressure roller and fixing film seem nothing wrong. pls need help
    well there is a problem...

you don't provide enough info!

have you done a "stop test" to see WHERE it is getting wrinkled?

when checking fuser... build up of toner on inlet plate?

have you CLEANED the unit out?

you must be an end user.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Make sure the guide on the fixing film is installed and you can get it in upside down.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

When paper come to itb belt, open right door immediately. Visual check if paper wrinkled.
    -If paper wrinkled, check paper pick up
    -If not , check fixing assembly unit

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicknt82 View Post
    When paper come to itb belt, open right door immediately. Visual check if paper wrinkled.
    -If paper wrinkled, check paper pick up
    -If not , check fixing assembly unit
    I presume you are a tech.
    There are so many reasons that can cause the paper to wrinkle. But for you to make a visual check, have a copy made to ensure that wrinkled paper. After inspecting the copy,

- If the paper wrinkled before it got to the developing assy, you'll see the copy printed over the wrinkle (you won't see any image under the wrinkled area if you open the folded area)
    -If the paper wrinkled after the image developed (after crossing the developing assy), the folded area will contain properly printed image.
    After making the visual check your next step is to find the cause of the wrinkle. Given the appearance of the sample you supplied, there is some reason to believe that you can hear the sound of the creasing if you listen carefully.
    If it happens before developing; check the pickup rollers, and the precision rollers for displacement or obstructions. If it happens after developing, check the fuser unit (you can try with a working fuser unit to be sure). Any displacement, obstruction or slip can cause the paper to crease.
    If all is well with copier, Don't overlook the weight of the paper according to the settings you presently have with your paper type.
    Let's hear how you fared buddy!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    There are so many reasons that can cause the paper to wrinkle. But for you to make a visual check, have a copy made to ensure that wrinkled paper. After inspecting the copy,

- If the paper wrinkled before it got to the developing assy, you'll see the copy printed over the wrinkle (you won't see any image under the wrinkled area if you open the folded area)
    -If the paper wrinkled after the image developed (after crossing the developing assy), the folded area will contain properly printed image.
    After making the visual check your next step is to find the cause of the wrinkle. Given the appearance of the sample you supplied, there is some reason to believe that you can hear the sound of the creasing if you listen carefully.
    If it happens before developing; check the pickup rollers, and the precision rollers for displacement or obstructions. If it happens after developing, check the fuser unit (you can try with a working fuser unit to be sure). Any displacement, obstruction or slip can cause the paper to crease.
    If all is well with copier, Don't overlook the weight of the paper according to the settings you presently have with your paper type.

That's correct. Almost case paper weight or fixing unit make paper wrinkle

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    good post! OP didn't even state "toner in fold .. out of fold ".. Laser 101!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That's a really big crease. Try some other kind of paper. Anything other than that paper. Try from Manual feed tray.

Technician

TQ all for the info.. i will try asap step by step as mention here