Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Sheets

Project Warder

Post Test Sheets

Hey guys, something ive been scouring the net for and have had little luck in turning up is a Test Sheer or two (or more) for testing the quality of the copiers that i have out there. Squiggles on a blank sheet just isn't doing it for me anymore, and i'm currently not prepared to pay a bundle for a sheet from Canon or wherever. One of my workmates has an original from Canon that is about 10 years old. It tests things like shades, angles, and lines. Im sure you've used one at some point to find out if a copier is copying properly.

The closest ive come is one in the Kyocera Tech Resources, but thats 600dpi and designed for the 4850W, and doesn't come out well on a 2050. I'm going to keep trying on other machines, but i dont have that many that im able to use. Want to see what i can print off our new C3232 though.

Uhm, yeah, any links or such of decent test sheets to test quality and such, let me know

Cheers.

EDIT: Heh, and at the end of the day i get told that a set of vertical line test sheets from Katun have arrived for me. Still, any variations would be appreciated
    Last edited by Project Warder; 10-03-2006 at 09:24 AM.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    I haven't used anything other than the Manufacturers test charts. I work on Kyocera/Mita equipment. For example: The test sheet (Scanner Color Chart) is used for more than just checking copy quality. The scanner test chart is also used for calibrating the color and a multitude of other adjustments like gamma and gain on the KM-C3232. The price of the test chart is about a $100.00, but it is a valuable tool for adjusting the scanner on the KM-C3232. Especially if you have a customer complaining about copy quality. I have seen test charts, not sure of who makes it, that has a picture of a bird. When using this test chart on some Kyocera products it will rotate the image on the copies, which dosen't help you when you are trying to adjust things like registration and 1:1 ratios. I suggest bucking up and pay the price for a manufactures test chart. It will save you time and agravation in the long run.

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    all the konica/minolta copiers i work on print out thier own test sheets.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    all the konica/minolta copiers i work on print out thier own test sheets.
    All the Kyocera Digital copiers have built in test charts also. These charts are for limited adjustments like color registration, manual table-adf-cassette registration, centering and basic color calibration. Again, I say these are limited and it's good practice to perform a thorough adjustment with a proper color test chart. Kyocera even has charts available to use on glass or adf to automatically adjust registration, center and zoom ratio.

Project Warder
    I work on a few brands, although Kyocera is the brand i tend to work on. I received a packet of some a few hours after posting, so ill be using one of those for a while, and the auto calibration images that the copiers spit out to properly calibrate it. I sometimes use the test images from some printers to test quality (some of the smaller HP units ive had some through have had EXCELLENT quality, therefore have been decent benchmarks).

Cheers for the input though. I think i'll try and get the company to get me proper colour charts if we are getting more colour machines. atm i have a scanned book cover and a brochure that i test with. Its not correct, but it does the job. We are loving what the C3232 put out for colours. Best machine we have seen yet (in Australia, in this region ^.^)

Project Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    Especially if you have a customer complaining about copy quality.
    We have had that problem with a customer's KM-C2530. Kyocera wasn't able to help me fully, and i haven't had to work on colour machines often in my 2 months of teching this industry. I feel i've learnt a lot, but i still have a long way to go. Heh. 2 Year traineeship before i move to the city and make some money. We had something like blotchy copies (i have an example image we scanned from their copy, and the original). I went back out to have another look at what i could do for the machine and it went back to working almost properly. Still had some imaging issues with it, but it was good enough for the customer so its not a priority anymore. Hmm. I think i tend to ramble sometimes ....

Color test charts have always been expensive but a Black & White chart is usually pretty cheap. You can print something out but it's hard to get any consistency.

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    when a customer does not like the copy quality, don't worry about the test sheets. use exactly what they have and make it to thier liking. if they are happy, you are happy. a lot of customers could care less about factory specs. but if the copy looks good to them, leave it at that.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Test Sheets

I have used these files for testing printers.

hope they help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Project Warder
    Those 3 will definitely come in handy. The first one was the kinda chart i was thinking of

Cheers