Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hi,
    I've not tried it on a laptop. So from what you say the first thing I'll do is to hook it to a laptop. How can I set the laptop to be in range with the copier as if on a network? I know of ipconfig/renew, flushdns and all only. But as for ping, I have forgotten everything. I hope you can get me back on them? Thanks in advance.

1st thing to do when connectivity problems is BREAK OUT A LAPTOP!

are you sure you are a tech.. you MISS the initial steps of troubleshooting!

go back to each section test of your qualifications... TRY AGAIN.

Hello, any suggestions?
    yeah try shoveling cow/horse shit for a living..

you are not qualified for this industry!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1st thing to do when connectivity problems is BREAK OUT A LAPTOP!

are you sure you are a tech.. you MISS the initial steps of troubleshooting!

go back to each section test of your qualifications... TRY AGAIN.
    Connectivity issues has more to do with network engineering/tech. And I did not practice that. Some of us got trained in an era when laptop was not even a household name. It's good to be in a forum like this. Upon surfing the internet, I realized the situation is not simple for even practicing network techs. None could suggest what I've got here. I can't find a rare(the first since 1999) scenario like this in the classroom buddy!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Connectivity issues has more to do with network engineering/tech. And I did not practice that. Some of us got trained in an era when laptop was not even a household name. It's good to be in a forum like this. Upon surfing the internet, I realized the situation is not simple for even practicing network techs. None could suggest what I've got here. I can't find a rare(the first since 1999) scenario like this in the classroom buddy!
    The first thing i would do is to delete the printer from the pc and re-install using a USB port to be sure that either the LAPTOP or PC can print using this port.
    The second option is re-installing the printer on Network by assigning a new IP address both on the PC or LAPTOP and ping to confirm communication between the PC or LAPTOP with the printer(ie IR2018).
    The last option would be to do a clear all thru the service mode on the printer and re- install the printer;i would also re-install the firmware if all options fail and re-install the printer

Networking /Connectivity has been A MAJOR PART of our job for the past 20years