Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kumasi Ashanti
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Hello Guys,

    I am working on a Canon IR2018 which was working fine on the network. It now indicates "Printing" it wont go into the printer.
    I temporarily disabled the security softwares (antivirus and firewall) on the computer. I then reinstalled the printer driver. It did not work.
    Next configured the ip address (by assigning the ip address on the computer to the printers control panel). It did not work.
    I have now stopped and restarted the print spooler, but that too did not work.

    Does anyone have a suggestion of what else to do? I appreciate the time you've taken on this so far and look up to a working suggestion.

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kumasi Ashanti
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello Guys,

    I am working on a Canon IR2018 which was working fine on the network. It now indicates "Printing" it wont go into the printer.
    I temporarily disabled the security softwares (antivirus and firewall) on the computer. I then reinstalled the printer driver. It did not work.
    Next configured the ip address (by assigning the ip address on the computer to the printers control panel). It did not work.
    I have now stopped and restarted the print spooler, but that too did not work.

    Does anyone have a suggestion of what else to do? I appreciate the time you've taken on this so far and look up to a working suggestion.
    Just to clarify my previous message:
    When I run the printing troubleshooter, I see the message: "Canon IR2018 canno be contacted over the network"

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    hochiminh
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello Guys,

    I am working on a Canon IR2018 which was working fine on the network. It now indicates "Printing" it wont go into the printer.
    I temporarily disabled the security softwares (antivirus and firewall) on the computer. I then reinstalled the printer driver. It did not work.
    Next configured the ip address (by assigning the ip address on the computer to the printers control panel). It did not work.
    I have now stopped and restarted the print spooler, but that too did not work.

    Does anyone have a suggestion of what else to do? I appreciate the time you've taken on this so far and look up to a working suggestion.

    -Check toner is full or empty
    -Install correct driver (correct model , Windows OS, Windows 32 /64bit)

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Have you EVEN tried connecting your LAPTOP to it to see IF it is the UNIT and not network?
    do you have a laptop w/ RJ45 port?
    a cross over cable?
    can you set IP addy on the laptop to be in range of the unit?
    Do you know Ping and IpConfig command line prompts?


    Connectivity/Networking 101

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kumasi Ashanti
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Have you EVEN tried connecting your LAPTOP to it to see IF it is the UNIT and not network?
    do you have a laptop w/ RJ45 port?
    a cross over cable?
    can you set IP addy on the laptop to be in range of the unit?
    Do you know Ping and IpConfig command line prompts?


    Connectivity/Networking 101
    Hi,
    I've not tried it on a laptop. So from what you say the first thing I'll do is to hook it to a laptop. How can I set the laptop to be in range with the copier as if on a network? I know of ipconfig/renew, flushdns and all only. But as for ping, I have forgotten everything. I hope you can get me back on them? Thanks in advance.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hi,
    I've not tried it on a laptop. So from what you say the first thing I'll do is to hook it to a laptop. How can I set the laptop to be in range with the copier as if on a network? I know of ipconfig/renew, flushdns and all only. But as for ping, I have forgotten everything. I hope you can get me back on them? Thanks in advance.
    GOOGLE how to do it..
    "I know of ipconfig/renew, flushdns and all only. But as for ping, I have forgotten everything. "

    yeah sure..
    i guess you forgot how to breathe
    or put on your skivvies?

    THROWING THE BULLSHIT CARD...
    40 YARD PENALTY...
    LOSS OF POSSESSION!

    SORRY I cannot ding your rep right now.. but I WILL GET TO IT!

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kumasi Ashanti
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Just to clarify my previous message:
    When I run the printing troubleshooter, I see the message: "Canon IR2018 canno be contacted over the network"
    Hello,
    After trying with another printer on the network, and hooking it up to a laptop through RJ45, everything points to a defect on the Canon IR2018. I am however stuck because I don't know what might probably be the cause. When I ping the printer's ip address, it does not return any info on it. I set a static IP address to it, but all to no avail. what would you suggest I can do next? Any suggestions?

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts techandtrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma City OK
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Lightning strikes or surges can take out the nic port and board.
    Last edited by techandtrader; 03-01-2019 at 12:57 AM.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello,
    After trying with another printer on the network, and hooking it up to a laptop through RJ45, everything points to a defect on the Canon IR2018. I am however stuck because I don't know what might probably be the cause. When I ping the printer's ip address, it does not return any info on it. I set a static IP address to it, but all to no avail. what would you suggest I can do next? Any suggestions?
    Static on copier? What is addy? And what is nic addy on laptop? Do you get ANY lights on unit?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kumasi Ashanti
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Canon IR2018 Cannot be contacted over the Network

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Static on copier? What is addy? And what is nic addy on laptop? Do you get ANY lights on unit?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yes I entered the IP address in the Printer Properties into the printers control panel (maybe I used the wrong label for that IP address). I think by "nic" he was referring to the printer's network interface card(NIC), where the ethernet cable connects. I hope by "ANY lights", you mean the scanner lamp of pre exposure lamp. Yes, apart from not connecting to either USB port or network port, it makes perfect photocopies.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here