Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Canon DR-9080C Not Enough Memory

Hey all, i hope im posting this in the right area. I work exclusively on Ricoh's but have been helping a customer out with his Canon DR-9080C scanners so I'm very ignorant when it comes to this and what im even asking.

His issue is that he keeps getting an error message saying that his scanner is out of memory only when he trys to scan 11x17 set to auto detect...it doesn't say it when he sets it to double-letter...however he has to have it on auto detect as he has several different original sizes.

I attached an image on the error i'm getting when i try it here at the shop. The program he uses is capture perfect 3.0.

Is there a way to add extra memory to the machine? Thanks in advance!canon dr-9080c out of memory.jpg

EDIT: I have two of these in the shop...one scans just fine when i'm doing mixed letter and ledger, the other gives me this error after only four or five pages of the 11x17 but not during the 8.5x11 sheets
    Last edited by ABS tect; 02-28-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mosey1100's Avatar

Re: Canon DR-9080C Not Enough Memory

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Hey all, i hope im posting this in the right area. I work exclusively on Ricoh's but have been helping a customer out with his Canon DR-9080C scanners so I'm very ignorant when it comes to this and what im even asking.

His issue is that he keeps getting an error message saying that his scanner is out of memory only when he trys to scan 11x17 set to auto detect...it doesn't say it when he sets it to double-letter...however he has to have it on auto detect as he has several different original sizes.

I attached an image on the error i'm getting when i try it here at the shop. The program he uses is capture perfect 3.0.

Is there a way to add extra memory to the machine? Thanks in advance!canon dr-9080c out of memory.jpg

EDIT: I have two of these in the shop...one scans just fine when i'm doing mixed letter and ledger, the other gives me this error after only four or five pages of the 11x17 but not during the 8.5x11 sheets
    You could try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mosey1100 View Post
    You could try this.

Hmmm interesting...i'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mosey1100 View Post
    You could try this.
    So far so good...thanks!