Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Iradv4551 FIN J1

Iradv4551 FIN J1

Hi,

went to a IRadv4551 with Inner finisher J1 today, jamming. Jam code is 1C14, the paper is not ejected fully, gets about half way out, then jams. Manual shows the jam as error avoidance jam (assist motor error 514). Checking the history there is no errors shown, the machine has done 115k in total about 8 months old. I took out the finisher, horrible and plastic, took off covers, checked gears, and sensors. Everything seems to move freely, bit of a noise off it intermittently and vibrates as if a gear is not meshing or motor sticking? Anyone come across this? Going back tomorrow as only had 30 mins before closing, will update the firmware tomorrow. It jams from all cassettes and paper sizes, including bypass

cheers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Iradv4551 FIN J1

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Hi,

went to a IRadv4551 with Inner finisher J1 today, jamming. Jam code is 1C14, the paper is not ejected fully, gets about half way out, then jams. Manual shows the jam as error avoidance jam (assist motor error 514). Checking the history there is no errors shown, the machine has done 115k in total about 8 months old. I took out the finisher, horrible and plastic, took off covers, checked gears, and sensors. Everything seems to move freely, bit of a noise off it intermittently and vibrates as if a gear is not meshing or motor sticking? Anyone come across this? Going back tomorrow as only had 30 mins before closing, will update the firmware tomorrow. It jams from all cassettes and paper sizes, including bypass

cheers
    You did not state how frequent the jam occurs. It could be a guide for further suggestions from the forum.
    By way of suggestions, I would first check the situation of exit sensors if it occurs as frequent as every copying process. A try with a working sensor can do some trick.
    In the case of the noise, I'm sure everything is more mechanical than electronic! Probably a toner spill or dust has caused a sticky dirt to clog in any of the gears around the exit motor or even the fuser.
    Depending on the level of your expertise, you may remove gears and look into the holes and their corrugations for visual checks. I would drop them in strong solvents like petrol (handle with care) and clean them before lubricating them with grease and fix them back.
    Also, remember to doubt the efficiency of an exit clutch if there is still failure after going through the above steps. If you intend to update the firmware because of the jam, I suggest you try troubleshooting first. We wish you all the best and hope to get a positive feedback!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Iradv4551 FIN J1

The jam occurs every copy/print. it would seem that the paddles dont push the paper out far enough which then causes the delay jam, in the history it doesnt say what sensor, its just blank, no error codes. I am thinking as there is noise, there is a gear in the finisher or motor that is not meshing or rotating properly

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Iradv4551 FIN J1

Those have been hard to solve. On the S1 this kind of lazy delivery can occur on the old 4570. Reflashing can stop it. Other than that taking apart the finisher and looking for a broken arm is a good idea. A user could have blocked or interrupted operation and caused damage. Look for that first. Please let us know what solved it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Iradv4551 FIN J1

Update on the jams. I ordered a processing tray assy, basically, there are so many sensors, gears, clutches, motors, belts on this assy, instead of ordering one part at a time, order the whole thing, took a bit of time to replace the whole assy, but after testing, now working ok. Looking at the old assy, the assist motor/assistor doesnt move fully, moves a couple of inches and then sticks. So either motor is u/s or something blocking it moving properly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

The smaller motors can get broken wires and cause the noise, chattering and jams, especially if the finisher has been cracked open for service. I have found the motor on the gripper assembly is the same as the two others on the frame that get the issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Update on the jams. I ordered a processing tray assy, basically, there are so many sensors, gears, clutches, motors, belts on this assy, instead of ordering one part at a time, order the whole thing, took a bit of time to replace the whole assy, but after testing, now working ok. Looking at the old assy, the assist motor/assistor doesnt move fully, moves a couple of inches and then sticks. So either motor is u/s or something blocking it moving properly.
    Yeah mostly a clog in bearing or gear, a worn bushing or a broken gear can be the culprits. So good to hear you got round it!