Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Post Canon IR 2520 paper jam and error showing E000110

Dear all,

Please help me to solve the problem described here.Paper come in front of drum unit and paper jam occurs.When i removed the jammed paper and close the door it shows E000110 error.(Canon IR 2520).Also noted that no image is coming on the drum.I replaced the drum unit and laser unit and also factory reset,but the error repeats.kindly help.Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon IR 2520 paper jam and error showing E000110

Quote Originally Posted by hafiz View Post
    Dear all,

Please help me to solve the problem described here.Paper come in front of drum unit and paper jam occurs.When i removed the jammed paper and close the door it shows E000110 error.(Canon IR 2520).Also noted that no image is coming on the drum.I replaced the drum unit and laser unit and also factory reset,but the error repeats.kindly help.Thanks in advance
    Hello,
    Carefully observe the behavior of the scanner as you try the copy. A malfunction with the laser scanner unit can cause a jam. The fact that no copy appears can also enforce this suspicion. Check if the motor is working well, of if there is any obstruction in the movement of the scanner. Check the scanner cable and its connection as well. It could help if you have another machine to try swapping a working scanner unit, the cable and even the DC Controller board if all else fail.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello,
    Carefully observe the behavior of the scanner as you try the copy. A malfunction with the laser scanner unit can cause a jam. The fact that no copy appears can also enforce this suspicion. Check if the motor is working well, of if there is any obstruction in the movement of the scanner. Check the scanner cable and its connection as well. It could help if you have another machine to try swapping a working scanner unit, the cable and even the DC Controller board if all else fail.
    dear thanks for reply.
    i swapped the laser scanner unit with working machine but same error and also this laser unit is working fine in other machine . now cable connectors and dc controller board is remaining but i dont have idea of dc controller board and main board . if i replace the dc controller board ,any issue of firmware . i am little hesitate about this.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 2520 paper jam and error showing E000110

dear thanks for reply.
    i swapped the laser scanner unit with working machine but same error and also this laser unit is working fine in other machine . now cable connectors and dc controller board is remaining but i dont have idea of dc controller board and main board . if i replace the dc controller board ,any issue of firmware . i am little hesitate about this.

he said check the SCANNER when making copies.... i have seen it do it on other brands also

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    he said check the SCANNER when making copies.... i have seen it do it on other brands also
    dear , i have checked the laser scanner unit properly. the laser scanner unit is working fine in other machine. when i disconnect the laser scanner unit and start the machine , showing same error on screen E000110 but when connect the wires of scanner and start . then occur paper jam and showing same error on screen . it means wires of laser scanner unit or dc controller board issue.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

dear , i have checked the laser scanner unit properly. the laser scanner unit is working fine in other machine. when i disconnect the laser scanner unit and start the machine , showing same error on screen E000110 but when connect the wires of scanner and start . then occur paper jam and showing same error on screen . it means wires of laser scanner unit or dc controller board issue.
    You are still confusing me on your use of scanner..laser scanner working fine in other machine.

Are you talking ROS..

or scanner on top with paper feed to make copy.

I am talking about scanning bed on TOP

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello Hafiz,
    It is good you have another machine for checking! Now swap the cables and finally the DC board. Hoping you get a solution buddy!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    You are still confusing me on your use of scanner..laser scanner working fine in other machine.

Are you talking ROS..

or scanner on top with paper feed to make copy.

I am talking about scanning bed on TOP

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    dear . i have checked and swapped laser scanner unit which is (internal and beside drum and developer unit ) now i will check scanner bed on top. also will test through print from pc. thanks for telling me this point.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Sometimes the door switch can cause E110
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

dear . i have checked and swapped laser scanner unit which is (internal and beside drum and developer unit ) now i will check scanner bed on top. also will test through print from pc. thanks for telling me this point.
    Looks like from the manual E110 is the laser scanner you swapped. If you were working around main controller check J8142 and make sure it is seated right. Canon knowledge base mentioned a switch by drum and a shutter cable to laser scanner. Paper stops at registration roller.

E110 0002 Title Failure of the Scanner Motor (M21)
    Description The speed lock signal indicates a deviation 10 times in
    sequence at intervals of 100 msec after the signal has
    indicated a locked state.
    * The same condition is detected after the error retry is
    performed.
    Remedy 1.Check the cable.
    2.Replace the Laser Scanner Unit.
    3.Replace the DC Controller PCB (PCB4).
    E110 0003 Title Failure of the Scanner Motor (M21)
    Description The scanner motor (M21) speed lock signal does not indicate
    a locked state for 6.5 sec. after a switchover is made from
    low to normal speed or for 8 sec. after a switchover is made
    from normal to low speed.
    * The same condition is detected after the error retry is
    performed.
    Remedy 1.Check the cable.
    2.Replace the Laser Scanner Unit.
    3.Replace the DC Controller PCB (PCB4).