Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Advance 4235 E840-000 code

Anyone have this problem? I replaced the fuser shutter motor and will change the home sensor tomorrow but I am not confident it's the sensor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Advance 4235 E840-000 code

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Anyone have this problem? I replaced the fuser shutter motor and will change the home sensor tomorrow but I am not confident it's the sensor.
    Hello,
    You mentioned that you replaced the fuser shutter motor. Was it showing the same code before you replaced it?
    If the home sensor is off, it will show the same error. This is because even though the shutter might be working, the sensor is not sending a signal of home position of the shutter. The fixing film edge shutter and the motor returns the same code when they are off. Don't also forget about the connections to the DC Board.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Advance 4235 E840-000 code

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello,
    You mentioned that you replaced the fuser shutter motor. Was it showing the same code before you replaced it?
    If the home sensor is off, it will show the same error. This is because even though the shutter might be working, the sensor is not sending a signal of home position of the shutter. The fixing film edge shutter and the motor returns the same code when they are off. Don't also forget about the connections to the DC Board.
    The code was there before I replaced it. The right rail that it mounts to was broken on the rear side just below the mounting screw so I thought that was it. The rail is not in stock with Canon so I had to glue it, but I am going back with a sensor. I also read last night that the fixing film may be torn so I will check that today.